Invega ruined my life! – Have you ever heard this before and wondered how this medication can ruin a person’s life?
Are you or your loved one(s) going through a mental health condition like schizophrenia, depression, or PTSD, as well as other mental health disorders, and Invega has been prescribed but you are not sure whether to use this drug because you have heard negative reviews about the medication and people described the drug as being awful for them.
Well, don’t worry, we will clarify your doubt and answer all the questions you might have concerning the topic – “Invega ruined my life”.
This article shows some reviews from past and present Invega users, how the drug affected them and how they coped with it to become hale and hearty again.
My article covers how this antipsychotic medication can ruin your life, how to fight its side effects and how to recuperate optimally.
Firstly, What is this Invega and How Does It Work?
Invega, also known as paliperidone, is a medication used to treat certain mental/mood disorders (such as schizophrenia, and schizoaffective disorder).
This medication can decrease hallucinations and help you to think more clearly and positively about yourself, feel less agitated, and take a more active part in everyday life.
Invega belongs to a class of drugs called atypical antipsychotics. It works by helping to restore the balance of certain natural substances in the brain.
Invega Ruined My Life! - How Can This Antipsychotic Drug Ruin Your Life?
To answer this, I will drop verified reviews of this antipsychotic from those who have used it so that you can see or read for yourself how legit the statement; “Invega ruined my life” is.
And the following sub-headings after the review will further let you know how this drug can ruin your life because by reading their contents, you will know the side effects of this drug, what happens if you miss or overdose on it, and possible harmful interactions this medication has with other drugs, supplements, and substances you take in every.
You will also know the warnings, contradictions, and precautions to note when taking Invega and if/how this drug can ruin your life if you ignore these instructions, or take it as you like or on a whim.
The Reviews of Invega
To better understand how Invega and other “atypical antipsychotics” like Risperdal, Seroquel, Geodon, and Zyprexa, etc. affect people, we offer some very legit and real stories from verified real patients who have taken Invega at one time or the other or are currently under Invega and who have posted their comments to various health websites and blogs to let people know of their experience with Invega so that people can learn from what they have passed through.
Invega has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 188 ratings on Drugs.com. 34% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 48% reported a negative experience.1https://www.drugs.com/comments/paliperidone/invega.html
- The first review is from someone who took the drug for 6 months for Schizophrenia: "I have been diagnosed with bipolar with psychosis in June 2020. I got 2 loading doses of Invega then two others doses in two months, total of 4 doses. Now I am 10 months since the last dose still suffering from weight gain (20 Kg), erectile dysfunction with numb penis and shrinkage, less semen volume. This drug is awful , DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION AT ALL Unfortunately, I did not have the choice to accept or refuse the drug because I was admitted to hospital at that time, they took the consent from my parents who did not know what this drug is .... This is a post for humanity, please do not use this drug, it ruined my life totally."
- Second one is from Phyc patient who took it for 6 months for schizophrenia: “For Schizoaffective Disorder "If you are looking for the worst time of your life this is the medication for you! Do you want to gain 100lbs? Lose all your friends and be made into a vegetable? If so Invega will do the job. Don’t take this, its terrible you will gain weight, everything nice will gone from your life, you will feel sick and foggy all the time and your life will basically be over. It reduces you to like a fraction of the person you should be and its messy and unpleasant. No one should take this.”
- From Marycate who also took the medicine for schizophrenia: "Do not take this drug! I was given two injections and don't want anymore, I'm severely depressed because of this stupid horrible drug, cannot concentrate, it literally ruined my brain caused severe brain damage, DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG! THESE COMPANIES SHOULD BE SUED!"
- Ira took Invega for 2 years: "Put on thos medication for two years. I don't hear voices or anything, but yet I was diagnosed schizophrenic. Made me forget words, feel stupid, impotence, erectile dysfunction, sexual problems overall decreased ambitions, decreased confidence, felt swollen, my life turned upside down. Got off the medication two months ago and increasingly feel better. I hope all the side effects wear off and I go back to normal. I hope."
- From Grant whose son took it for schizoaffective disorder for 6 months: "My son started Invega and the drug made his symptoms worse. He couldn't sleep he became very agitated. He had hospital admission after hospital admission. I am sorry to say he killed himself about three months after starting this drug. Please don't let anyone you love start this drug, it is a very bad drug."
- Solar’s experience: "This is the worse medication ever. I was 120lb when I started on this and I gained 80 lbs. My boobs went up from A cup size to D. It has been so hard to lose the the the weight. I don't take the meds anymore and I'm still trying to lose the weight and it cost me other health problems on top of this. I would not wish this this medication for anyone. I did not feel better on it at all. In fact I felt dizzy and was sleepy and all I wanted to to do was eat. I repeated myself constantly while on this med. I blame the manufacturer s for all the damages."
- For Schizophrenia: "NIGHTMARE! I do not recommend this drug. I was taking it for 6 weeks (3 weeks to get me on 900 mg and 3 weeks to get me off). Terrible vivid nightmares that seemed more real than reality. I was wondering if I am dreaming or is it real all the time. My mind was empty. My muscles were in pain, I couldn't properly move my body because of "hard" muscles. I had a feeling of being pregnant - smell and taste changed, I had contractions and I produced milk. Only when this happened doctors decided to put me off that drug. Thank God for body side effects, because doctors don't take serious when you tell them that a drug is bad for mind, emotions etc."2https://www.webmd.com/drugs/drugreview-146745-invega-oral
- Sk took the drug for 5 years! "I had pychosis for a week and was put in ward and the idiots diagnosed me with schizophrenia. Made me have invega injections for 2 years. Off it now I told them no way no more. Invega ruined my life and has given me permanent brain damage.
- De took for schizophrenia for 6 months: "I got diagnose with schizophrenia and bipolar in the hospital. I was taking respidone which was helping me a lot but then I start taking invega. This medicine has ruined me. All of the things that I've loved doing now sucks. I was on it for 4 months but I've been off of it for 3 months now but I'm still dealings with side effects. I can't sit still or lay still. I'm always tired my tongue is always numb my speech is off. I can't have a simple conversation I can't sleep at night. I hate waking up in the morning, my thoughts are all confusing and I feel weak. My body is really sensitive......I just miss the old me."
- For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I’m currently writing with trembles in my hands and muscle stiffness. I had a nervous breakdown and classified bi-polar NIGHTMARE BEGAN. I have extreme paranoia , lost my job because Invega destroyed my hand coordination, TD, (I believe I have permanent brain damage), sexual dysfunction, muscle stiffness, tremors in my whole body, hands shaking, face twitching, curling fingers, I can’t hold down food, severe anxiety, depression, suicidal, anti-social, no emotions, removed from relationships, no periods infertile at this point, no sleep in 3-months, pacing, blurry vision, absolute chemical lobotomy - fear of body deteriorating. 39 years old hard to find the energy just to stay alive. Everything in my body is dry. I’m a nervous wreck. Detoxing: I was trying to restart body- No change in 2-months. Instead have early signs of Parkinson’s. "
- Dade’s experience: "I started taking this medication for 3 months after I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and it has ruined my life. I now have trouble speaking, I'm always anxious, I can barely concentrate on anything, I'm depressed and sleeping a lot, and I no longer get erections and have trouble producing semen. I have been off of it for 2 months and I'm still dealing with the side effects. This is the worst thing I have ever been on and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."
- For Schizoaffective disorder: "I'm so depressed on invega that I cry multiple times a day, can't maintain any friendships, too tired and demotivated to work out or play my guitar like I used to. I lay in my bed every day no motivation for anything"
- Ethan says: "So, I was high energy and a lovely person before taking this drug. After my second shot of 234mg, I became so tired and depressed like all the life had been sucked out of me. No longer bubbly and energetic I would just lie down all day with no energy to move. Very sad. Very very sad."
- From an anonymous user of Invega: "Worst experience of my life. I have absolutely no thoughts and no emotions. The doctor that gave this to me said it’d only last a month. Well he lied. It lasts 300 days. I’m hoping with all my heart I will get better.
So all these reviews are negative reviews from Invega users who claimed that the side effects of this drug are capable of ruining your life if you continue to use it, and the drug is not worth the side effects it brings.
Watch the video to know more about the complications caused by Invega:
Side Effects of Invega
Common side effects of Invega include: akathisia, tachycardia, and drowsiness. Other side effects include: basal ganglia disease, dyskinesia, dystonia, orthostatic hypotension, postencephalitic Parkinson's disease, sialorrhea, and prolonged qt interval on ECG. Continue reading for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.
Serious side effects of Invega
Along with its needed effects, paliperidone (the active ingredient in Invega) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur, they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking Invega:
More common side effects
- Difficulty with speaking
- Fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- Increase in body movements
- Loss of balance control
- Muscle trembling, jerking, or stiffness
- Shuffling walk
- Stiffness of the limbs
- Twisting movements of the body
- Uncontrolled movements, especially of the face, neck, and back
Less common side effects
- Chest pain
- Cold sweats
- difficulty with swallowing
- excessive muscle tone
- inability to move the eyes
- increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
- increased blood pressure
- mask-like face
- muscle tension or tightness
- pain in the arms or legs
- slow heartbeat
- slowed movements
- slurred speech
- sticking out of the tongue when not meaning to
- tic-like (jerky) movements of the head, face, mouth, and neck
- trembling and shaking of the fingers and hands
- trouble with breathing, speaking, or swallowing
- uncontrolled twisting movements of the neck, trunk, arms, or legs
- unusual facial expressions
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence not known
- Black, tarry stools
- blood in the urine
- bloody nose
- decrease in the frequency of urination
- decrease in urine volume
- decreased awareness or responsiveness
- difficulty in passing urine (dribbling)
- heavier menstrual periods
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or genitals
- lip smacking or puckering
- loss of bladder control
- mimicry of speech or movements
- peculiar postures or movements, mannerisms, or grimacing
- painful or prolonged erection of the penis
- painful urination
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- puffing of cheeks
- rapid or worm-like movements of the tongue
- severe constipation
- severe sleepiness
- severe vomiting
- skin rash
- stomach pain
- uncontrolled chewing movements
- uncontrolled movements of the arms and legs
Other side effects of Invega
Some side effects of paliperidone may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your healthcare professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Absent, missed, or irregular menstrual periods
- difficulty having a bowel movement
- fear or nervousness
- inability to sit still
- need to keep moving
- sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- stopping of menstrual bleeding
- weight gain
- Back pain
- blurred vision
- changes in appetite
- dry mouth
- lack or loss of strength
- muscle aches
- sore throat
- stomach discomfort or upset
- stuffy or runny nose
- swelling or soreness of the breasts in both females and males
- swollen tongue
- unexpected or excess milk flow from breasts
- upper stomach pain
Incidence not known
What Happens if You Stop Invega? – Are the Withdrawal Effects of Invega Dangerous?
Invega Withdrawal Symptoms Include:
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mucous membrane
- Bad taste
- Rhinorrhea (runny nose)
What Will Happen If You Miss a Dose of Invega and What Should You Do After?
- If you miss doses, the drug will lose effect.
- If you forget to take a dosage of this medication, take it as soon as possible.
- If your next dosage is approaching, omit the missing dose and resume your usual dosing regimen. Do not take two or more doses to make up because it will lead to side effects that can be severe.
What Will Happen If You Overdose on Invega and What Should You Do After?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line. Overdose symptoms may include severe drowsiness, fast heartbeats, and fainting.
What Will Happen When You Misuse Invega and What is the Treatment?
This is a no-brainer.
If you misuse medications like antipsychotics, then you are signing up for the complications or side effects of this misuse, because drugs like Invega are only to be used strictly based on a doctor’s prescriptions.
Some of the side effects you might incur could be serious and life-threatening, as I have outlined such side effects above in this post, and they are certain conditions you might be in that you should never take this drug at all, and also certain things you should never take this drug in combination with.
So, therefore, never misuse this medication, and always make sure to consult your doctor before taking medications like this.
The Drug Interactions of Invega
Using Invega with other drugs that make you dizzy or lower your blood pressure can worsen these effects. Ask your doctor before using opioid medication, a sleeping pill, a muscle relaxer, or medicine for anxiety or seizures.
Sometimes it is not safe to use certain medications at the same time. Some drugs can affect your blood levels of other drugs you take, which may increase side effects or make the medications less effective.
Many drugs can interact with paliperidone. This includes prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible interactions are listed here. Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any medicine you start or stop using.
There are 606 drugs known to interact with Invega (paliperidone), along with 16 disease interactions, and 4 alcohol/food interactions. Of the total drug interactions, 94 are major, 510 are moderate, and 2 are minor.
- View all 606 medications that may interact with Invega
- View alcohol/food interactions (4)
- View disease interactions (16)
How Invega Ruined my Life and What I Did About It to Become Better and Well Again
I am sorry that I cannot cite my personal experience with this medication because I have never used this medication in my life, but I have gone through Invega users’ reviews and seen why those with negative reviews said; ‘Invega ruined my life’.
I have posted some of their reviews in this post above, so you can check their reviews and see why they said; ‘Invega ruined my life’.
But I am not going through how Invega ruined my life experiences again, but rather I want to let you know now how to become better and well again, after the Invega experience.
To get better and well again, please read through this article, because I have given info on how to cope and fight the devastating and health-hampering side effects, as they are treatments available (check the section of 'Common treatments to treat the side effects of Invega in this article).
Now the first thing you have to do on your way to getting better is to try to abstain from using the drug since it is well-established that the drug is harmful to your health, but make sure you consult from health experts the proper way to do this before you end up complicating your health even more Then after that, your doctors will engage you in the recommended treatment available.
Warnings, Contraindications, and Precautions to take note of when taking Invega
Invega is not for use in psychotic conditions related to dementia. Paliperidone may cause heart failure, sudden death, or pneumonia in older adults with dementia-related psychosis.
Elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis treated with antipsychotic drugs are at an increased risk of death. Invega is not approved for the treatment of patients with dementia-related psychosis.3https://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=21999&name=INVEGA
While you are taking Invega, you may be more sensitive to temperature extremes such as very hot or cold conditions. Avoid getting too cold, or becoming overheated or dehydrated. Drink plenty of fluids, especially in hot weather and during exercise. It is easier to become dangerously overheated and dehydrated while you are taking this medicine.
Stop taking Invega and call your doctor at once if you have very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, confusion, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, restless muscle movements in your face or neck, tremors (uncontrolled shaking), trouble swallowing, or feeling like you might pass out.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use Invega if you are allergic to paliperidone or risperidone (Risperdal).
Paliperidone may increase the risk of death in older adults with dementia-related psychosis and is not approved for this use.
High doses or long-term use of paliperidone can cause a serious movement disorder that may not be reversible. The longer you use Invega, the more likely you are to develop this disorder, especially if you are a woman or an older adult.
To make sure Invega is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have ever had:
heart problems, or a heart attack;
- long QT syndrome (in you or a family member);
- high or low blood pressure, or fainting spells;
- low white blood cell (WBC) counts;
- a serious neurologic disorder caused by taking an antipsychotic medicine;
- uncontrolled muscle movements in your face;
- a stomach or intestinal disorder;
- liver or kidney disease;
- seizures or epilepsy;
- an electrolyte imbalance (such as low potassium or magnesium levels in your blood);
- diabetes (paliperidone may raise your blood sugar); or breast cancer.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medicine.
Taking antipsychotic medicine in the last 3 months of pregnancy may cause breathing problems, feeding problems, or withdrawal symptoms in the newborn. However, you may have withdrawal symptoms or other problems if you stop using your medicine during pregnancy. If you get pregnant, tell your doctor right away. Do not stop using Invega without your doctor's advice.
If you are pregnant, your name may be listed on a pregnancy registry to track the effects of paliperidone on the baby.
It may not be safe to breastfeed while using this medicine. Ask your doctor about any risks.
Invega Pregnancy Warnings
Agitation, hypertonia, hypotonia, tremor, somnolence, respiratory distress, and feeding disorder have been reported in neonates exposed to antipsychotics during the third trimester. Cases have varied widely in severity from self-limited cases to reports of neonates who have required intensive support and prolonged hospitalization.
One case of agenesis of the corpus callosum has been received in an infant exposed to risperidone in utero, although the relationship to this drug is unknown. Animal studies have revealed an increase in stillbirths and an increase in pup deaths in the first 4 days of life.
Hyperprolactinemia caused by this drug may impair reproductive function in both male and female patients. Hyperprolactinemia causes a reduction in the pituitary secretion of gonadotropin which, in turn, impairs gonadal steroidogenesis. There is no controlled data on human pregnancy.
To monitor the outcomes of pregnant women exposed to atypical antipsychotics, a National Pregnancy Registry for Atypical Antipsychotics has been established. Physicians are encouraged to register patients and pregnant women are encouraged to register themselves.
- AU TGA pregnancy category C: Drugs which, owing to their pharmacological effects, have caused or may be suspected of causing, harmful effects on the human fetus or neonate without causing malformations. These effects may be reversible. Accompanying texts should be consulted for further details.
- US FDA pregnancy category Not Assigned: The US FDA has amended the pregnancy labeling rule for prescription drug products to require labeling that includes a summary of risk, a discussion of the data supporting that summary, and relevant information to help healthcare providers make prescribing decisions and counsel women about the use of drugs during pregnancy. Pregnancy categories A, B, C, D, and X are being phased out.
This drug should not be used during pregnancy unless the benefit outweighs the risk to the fetus.
- AU TGA pregnancy category: C
- US FDA pregnancy category: Not assigned.
- Risk summary: No data available on the use of this drug in pregnant women to inform a drug-related risk.
- A pregnancy exposure registry is available.
- Neonates exposed to this drug during the third trimester should be monitored for extrapyramidal and/or withdrawal symptoms following delivery.
- Patients should be advised to notify their physician if they are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Invega Breastfeeding Warnings
A decision should be made to discontinue breastfeeding or discontinue the drug, taking into account the importance of the drug to the mother.
- Excreted into human milk: Yes
- Comments: Due to the lack of published data and the potential for serious adverse reactions in nursing infants, other agents may be preferred, especially while nursing a newborn or preterm infant.
The American Academy of Pediatrics considers this agent a drug for which the effect on nursing infants is unknown but may be of concern if exposure is prolonged.
Paliperidone is 9-hydroxyrisperidone, the active metabolite of risperidone. Following risperidone administration, 9-hydroxyrisperidone has been measured in milk and plasma.
Calculations using an average milk-to-plasma ratio of 0.3 (determined from 3 reports of risperidone use during breastfeeding) suggest an exclusively breastfed infant may expect to receive about 1% of the maternal weight-adjusted dose of paliperidone.
Since paliperidone is only available as a sustained-release product, the timing of nursing with respect to drug levels will not be helpful. Paliperidone has been detected at very low levels in plasma up to 18 months after a single dose of the 3-month extended-release product. The clinical significance of that on the breastfed infant is not known.
What to avoid
- While you are taking Invega, you may be more sensitive to heat. Avoid getting too hot, or becoming overheated or dehydrated. Drink plenty of fluids, especially in hot weather and during exercise. It is easier to become dangerously overheated and dehydrated while you are taking paliperidone.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. Dangerous side effects could occur.
- Avoid driving or hazardous activity until you know how this medicine will affect you. Dizziness or drowsiness can cause falls, accidents, or severe injuries.
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy.
Common Treatments to Treat the Side Effects of Invega And Whether You Should Take Them or Not
Common treatments are;
- If there is any loss of consciousness or if Invega was combined with other drugs, charcoal may be used as a therapy. This is a chemical that binds to excess medicine and allows it to be excreted from the body.
- A gastric lavage, often known as a stomach pump, may be required. A liquid is pushed down the esophagus and into the stomach through a tube inserted via the nose or mouth. The liquid, along with any stomach contents, is then suctioned or siphoned out of the body.
- Dialysis is often used to treat overdoses because it purifies the blood. Dialysis, on the other hand, will not eliminate Invega from circulation.
Other supportive therapies for a Invega overdose include:
- Intravenous fluids assist the body to reestablish fluid balance and reduce the number of drugs in circulation.
- Monitoring vital signs
Doctors recommend medicine to assist with nausea. You are given intravenous fluids to reduce the danger of dehydration caused by diarrhea, as well as a probiotic. Your gastrointestinal system will return to normal with the aid of a probiotic.
All the above treatments are functional, so if you are suffering from the side effects of Invega, consult your doctor to know which will be most beneficial to you.
How can Anyone Notice the Side Effects of Drugs like Invega Before It is Too Late?
Firstly, observe for any allergic reactions, and even though it is one you notice, consult your doctor immediately. Before taking this drug, ask your doctor for early signs to observe that should intricate you from stopping this medication usage.
I have outlined the side effects to look out for in this article above, so please make sure you read up.
Are There any Alternatives to Invega that are Safer?
Invega is available in a generic version which is paliperidone, but it’s recommended to treat the generic version like the main one because when it’s misused, it also has the same side effects though not as maximal as the main version but is equally dangerous.
Other alternatives include the following:
Healthsoothe’s Take on Invega
Invega has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 188 ratings on Drugs.com. 34% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 48% reported a negative experience.
Invega was developed as an antipsychotic medication to help people with mental health disorders like schizophrenia and depression. For such patients, it may be quite appropriate and help them maintain functionality. But it is a powerful medication with many serious side effects.
SO, BE WARNED! Make sure you have a very competent mental psychiatrist and make sure that you have your antipsychotic medications verified by another renowned and competent doctor before taking them because wrong antipsychotic medications easily bring dangerous side effects to a person’s mental health.
Tardive Dyskinesia (TD) is a serious, sometimes permanent side effect reported with INVEGA® and similar medications. TD includes uncontrollable movements of the face, tongue, and other parts of the body. The most common side effects that occurred with INVEGA® in the treatment of schizoaffective disorder in adults were: abnormal muscle movements (including tremors [shaking], shuffling, uncontrolled involuntary movements, and abnormal movements of the eyes), sleepiness, heartburn, constipation, weight increase, and sore throat. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with gynecomastia after using Invega or Invega Sustenna, you may be entitled to compensation for mental anguish, medical expenses and other damages via a class action lawsuit. Paliperidone acts mainly by blocking the receptors for the neurotransmitters dopamine and 5-hydroxytryptamine (also called serotonin), which are involved in schizophrenia. By blocking these receptors, paliperidone helps to normalise the activity of the brain and reduce symptoms. Invega Withdrawal Symptoms Include: Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, dizziness, tremors, and shakiness. Headache, myalgia, numbness, vertigo, diaphoresis, restlessness, tension, insomnia, nightmares, hyperkinesia, dry mucous membranes, tachycardia, anxiety, bad taste, rhinorrhea (runny nose) Akathisia. Invega Sustenna (“Sustenna” or paliperidone palmitate) is a long-acting injectable (LAI) formulation of paliperidone. It was the first available second-generation antipsychotic LAI to provides coverage for 4 weeks. Many symptoms improve quickly (hours to days) and others improve over time (weeks to months). Frustration and agitation may improve quickly. Your sleep and mood should improve within the first week or so. Slowly over 2–8 weeks, your thoughts should get clearer and more organized.
Frequently Asked Questions About Invega
Tardive Dyskinesia (TD) is a serious, sometimes permanent side effect reported with INVEGA® and similar medications. TD includes uncontrollable movements of the face, tongue, and other parts of the body.
The most common side effects that occurred with INVEGA® in the treatment of schizoaffective disorder in adults were: abnormal muscle movements (including tremors [shaking], shuffling, uncontrolled involuntary movements, and abnormal movements of the eyes), sleepiness, heartburn, constipation, weight increase, and sore throat.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with gynecomastia after using Invega or Invega Sustenna, you may be entitled to compensation for mental anguish, medical expenses and other damages via a class action lawsuit.
Paliperidone acts mainly by blocking the receptors for the neurotransmitters dopamine and 5-hydroxytryptamine (also called serotonin), which are involved in schizophrenia. By blocking these receptors, paliperidone helps to normalise the activity of the brain and reduce symptoms.
Invega Withdrawal Symptoms Include: Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, dizziness, tremors, and shakiness. Headache, myalgia, numbness, vertigo, diaphoresis, restlessness, tension, insomnia, nightmares, hyperkinesia, dry mucous membranes, tachycardia, anxiety, bad taste, rhinorrhea (runny nose) Akathisia.
Invega Sustenna (“Sustenna” or paliperidone palmitate) is a long-acting injectable (LAI) formulation of paliperidone. It was the first available second-generation antipsychotic LAI to provides coverage for 4 weeks.
Many symptoms improve quickly (hours to days) and others improve over time (weeks to months). Frustration and agitation may improve quickly. Your sleep and mood should improve within the first week or so. Slowly over 2–8 weeks, your thoughts should get clearer and more organized.
Additional resources and citations