Knowing the right type of exercise to engage can significantly improve your weight loss results. Depending on the area of your body you intend to focus on, there are varieties of weight loss regimen that is guaranteed to help you lose weight if effectively implemented.
In today’s article, we will not be delving into complex weight loss routines, but simple methods some dating back centuries that have been proven to help you burn off fats and lose weight.
1. Deep Squat
Deep squats are exercises that can help improve your overall flexibility and mobility. They provide the perfect opportunity to strengthen and protect your knees from conditions like arthritis. Globally, around 6.5 million people between the ages of 35 and 84 will be diagnosed with knee osteoarthritis by 2020 according to research.
How to Do a Deep Squat
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart
- Clasped your hands in front of your chest
- Sit back in your heels, (mimic a sitting position )
- Lower your body as much as you can, until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Pause for one or two seconds, before pushing up to return to your initial start point
Deep Squat five minutes a day.
2. Interval Training exercise for weight loss
Weight loss experts have described interval training as a very useful and effective weight loss routine. Interval training refers to any form of exercise where your heart rate rises fast and goes down repeatedly. The elevation of heart rate triggers a commensurate increase in metabolic rate helping you burn more calories.
Examples of interval training include;
- Indoor cycling
- light jogging
No weight loss routine will be successful without discipline. If you intend to lose a significant amount of weight in a short period then this routine will surely provide the results you need. Running is not about slight jogging or walking as in the case of interval training, it is a regimen that requires you to exert strength and burn higher calories. Running against a higher gradient like a slop or hill will help you burn fat in the two biggest muscle groups of the body. (glutes & legs). Running can be done indoors on a treadmill or outside.
How to run effectively to improving weight loss results
- Lean into the hill and always drive your knees as high as possible.
- Always keep your arms bent at 90 degrees and hands open.
- Remember to always drive your arm forward
- Avoid letting your arms cross over your body
Among the several types of the lunge, the plain Jane forward lunge is one of the most effective for weight loss. This is because it works on multiple muscles (hamstring, quads, and glutes) simultaneously.
How to do a plain Jane forward lunge
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart.
- 2 Place hands on your hips or hold weights
- Take a controlled step forward with your right leg.
- While keeping your spine tall, lower your body until your front leg and back leg form a 90-degree angle.
- Pause, then return your right leg back to its initial point and repeat the same procedure with the left leg.
5. Jump Rope
Jump rope is considered outdated by many. But this old-school regimen is still a total-body toner made for weight loss. Deep squat, Tabata, Burpees, jump rope, plain jane, lunge How to do a Tabata Drill, How to do a Tabata Drill, Kettlebell Swing, How to do a Kettlebell Swing , How to do Burpees, How to Jump Rope, How to run effectively for improve weight loss results, How to do a plain Jane forward lunge, How to Do a Deep Squat
How to Jump Rope
- Start with feet together, hands holding ends of the jump rope
- Swing the jump rope and hop over with feet together jumping with each swing
- Continue jumping for 1 minute and repeat the steps.
6. Burpees exercise for weight loss
Burpees are exercises that target the legs, the chest and the core at the same time. This routine is also very effective in burning off excess calories and fat.
How to do Burpees
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides.
- Push your hips back, knees bent, and lower into a squat.
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of you and shift your weight to them.
- Jump back softly to land on your feet in the plank position.
- Jump your feet forward so that they land just outside of your hands.
- Raise your hands up and jump explosively into the air and immediately return to the squatting position and repeat the steps.
Japanese scientist Dr. Izumi Tabata and his colleagues at the Japanese National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo discovered this exercise regimen. It is a high-intensity training and a perfect way to exercise aerobically and anaerobically. Typically, Tabata exercises last for 4 minutes and can make you look 200-percent cleaner than the classic sixty-minute aerobic workouts.
How to do a Tabata Drill
- Pick a cardio activity such as Cycling, running, skipping rope, go as hard as you can and continue for 20 seconds.
- Follow that with 10 seconds of rest and repeat seven more times with maximum intensity for 4 minutes
8. Kettlebell Swings
Kettlebells are low impact high-density exercise which is very effective for weight loss. They engage the whole body and are ideal for calorie burn.
How to do a Kettlebell Swing
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Grasp Kettlebell with both hands in front of you.
- Engage core and slightly squat.
- Press hips forward as you stand and swing the Kettlebell upward.
- Lower arms and return to the slight squat position for 1 and repeat the steps taken.
- Struggling with losing weight? Here is a Basic Guide.
- 7 Scientifically proven Weight loss Tips with Tea
- Public health Ng