Super Appetite also known as Super Apeti is a drug that contains cyproheptadine as an active ingredient and it works by blocking the action of natural histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose.
Super Appetite is manufactured by Shalina Labs. It belongs to a class of drugs called antihistamines.
WHAT IS SUPER APPETITE USED FOR?
Super Appetite is used for the management, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, illnesses and symptoms:
- Allergic Reactions to blood and plasma.
- Allergic Rhinitis.
- Cold Urticaria.
- Allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods.
- Allergic Urticaria.
- Physical Urticaria.
- Loss of appetite.
- Itching and runny nose.
- Vasomotor rhinitis.
- Perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis.
Kindly note that Super Appetite may also be used for purposes not listed above.
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SUPER APPETITE?
You should not use Super Appetite if:
- You are a nursing mother.
- You are elderly or have a debilitating disease.
- You are having an asthma attack.
- You have a bladder neck obstruction.
- You have a stomach ulcer or obstruction.
- You have an enlarged prostate or urination problems.
- You have narrow-angle glaucoma.
Do not give this medication to a newborn or premature baby. Super Appetite is not approved for use by anyone younger than 2 years old.
It is not known whether cyproheptadine passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Antihistamines may slow breast milk production. You should not breast-feed while using this medicine.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE-EFFECTS OF SUPER APPETITE?
- Blurred vision
- Burning of skin
- Difficult urination
- Disturbed coordination
- Dryness of mouth
- Dryness of nose and throat
- Epigastric distress
- Excessive perspiration
- Nasal stuffiness
- Tightness of chest
- Urinary frequency
Please note that these side-effects are possible, but they do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Check in with your doctor if you detect any of the side-effects mentioned above, especially if they do not go away.
If you notice other side-effects not listed, also contact your doctor for medical advice.
WHAT ARE SOME NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE BEFORE OR DURING THE DOSAGE USE OF SUPER APPETITE?
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can increase certain side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
- Do not start or continue the drug without consulting.
- Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert.
- Ensure you inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products, and current health conditions.
- Do not take this medicine while you are breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you have:
WHAT ARE SOME LIKELY INTERACTIONS WITH SUPER APPETITE?
If you use other drugs at the same time as Super Appetite, its effects may change.
This will likely increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Super Apeti Tablet may interact with the medications and products listed below:
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Opioid Analgesics
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
WHAT IS THE PACKAGE AND STRENGTH OF SUPER APPETITE?
Super Appetite Tablet - Packages: 20 Tablet
Super Appetite Tablet - Strengths: 4MG
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS A DOSE OF SUPER APPETITE?
In case you realize that you’ve missed a dose, use it as soon as you notice.
If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule.
Do not use extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, try setting an alarm or asking an acquaintance to remind you.
If you have missed too many doses recently, consult with your doctor to discuss making possible changes in your dosing schedule to make up for the missed ones.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I OVERDOSE ON SUPER APPETITE?
Do not use more than the prescribed dose please. Using more than the prescribed medication will not improve your symptoms but rather may cause poisoning or trigger some other serious side-effects.
If you are unsure about your dosage of Super Appetite, please proceed to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Take a medicine box or label with you to help the doctors with required information.
Ensure that you avoid giving your medicines to other people even if they have the same condition as you. It would undoubtedly lead to over dosage.
HOW DO I STORE SUPER APPETITE?
Store it at room temperature, away from heat and direct light.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?