WHAT IS EGYPTIAN MILK?
The Egyptian milk also known as Kamana was originally invented by Cleopatra, who used milk as her principal beauty secret. She was well-known for taking baths with pure milk because she believed in its brilliant properties for improving the state of the skin.
Egyptian milk skin lightening’s qualities are undoubtedly the prime reason why this beauty tip has gotten so popular in the first place. Thanks to its high content of lactic acid, milk baths are great at gently exfoliating the skin, getting rid of dead skin cells, and giving your body a natural glow while also making it a shade or two lighter.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS OF EGYPTIAN MILK?
Over the years the Egyptian milk bath recipes have improved and now include a lot of other ingredients in addition to the primary ones.
Several beauty brands have started to produce their own Egyptian milk products, creating complete skin care lines that consist of all kinds of beauty elucidations.
This exquisite product is now available from dozens of manufacturing companies. The most widespread trademarks are Nigerian-based ones. Some of which includes Talking Nails and Beauty, Fab Empire, and La Gorgeous. These brands use quality ingredients, so you can be rest assured to use them with confidence.
Some active Egyptian milk ingredients include:
- Glycolic acid
- Bearberry extracts
- Lactic acid
- Licorice root
- Kojic acid
- Water and different oils
HOW DO I MAKE MY OWN EGYPTIAN MILK CREAM?
If you’re not pleased with the results from store-bought Egyptian milk products, or you would like to mix your own collection to see how good it works, you can easily make it at home.
However do keep it in mind that some of the ingredients may not be that easy to find. You would possibly need to visit stores with proficient cosmetic ingredients. Conversely, the result will certainly be worth it.
Here is a list of everything you would need to make your own Egyptian milk cream:
- Bee pollen – 2 tsp.
- Bee propolis extract – 15 drops
- Beeswax – 2 tsp.
- Citric acid – 1 tsp.
- Emulsifying wax – 1.5 tsp.
- Goat milk powder – 100 grams
- Honey – 2 tbsp.
- Lavender oil – 5 drops
- Olive oil – 3 tsp.
- Preservative – 2 tbsp.
- Rose water – 1 cup
- Royal jelly – 1 tsp.
- Stearic acid – 1/2 tsp.
To prepare the cream, you will need a double boiler however if you don’t have a special electric device for double boiling, you could simply use a double boiler made from a pot of boiling water and a bowl for mixing the ingredients.
On the other hand, you could melt the ingredients by putting them into a microwave oven at short intervals and thoroughly mixing them in the process.
Below are the following steps outlined for you to make your homemade Egyptian milk cream :
- Combine the emulsifying wax, the stearic acid, and the olive oil in a double boiler. Melt slowly, repetitively mixing the ingredients.
- Slightly heat up the rose water and add the citric acid. Stir the mixture well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients: honey, bee propolis extract, bee pollen, rose water, goat milk powder, and royal jelly with the rose water mixture.
- Put the mixture into a blender and mix until it’s smooth and homogenous.
- Sieve the mixture for an even finer texture.
- Take the heated combination of emulsifying wax, stearic acid, and olive oil and whisk it by hand until it becomes lighter and fluffier.
- Gradually add the blended mixture into your wax mixture, whisking thoroughly after each portion.
- Put the whisked mixture into a fridge for up to 15 minutes.
- Take the mixture out and whisk it again, this time using a hand mixer. You will notice the mixture becoming fluffier and lighter. At this point, you can add whitening ingredients like glutathione for an increased lightening effect. However, don’t add dry ingredients as a powder – mix then with a bit of rose water to create a smooth paste.
- Once the mixture reaches your desired texture, the cream is ready! Put it into a clean container with a tight lid.
Store in a cool, dark place. Apply on your face, body, elbows, knees, knuckles, and anywhere you want to see a glowing, smooth skin tone.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF EGYPTIAN MILK?
Skin whitening and bleaching has a number of dangerous adverse effects ranging from the carcinogenic properties of cheap whitening products, to skin rashes, and breakouts.
Surprisingly, that is not the case with Egyptian milk as it contains high quality ingredients that have little or no side effects.
The Egyptian Milk is very safe & not harmful to the skin. It does not cause any skin diseases or irritation as it is formulated with natural ingredients.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF EGYPTIAN MILK?
- It enhance & beautifies the skin gives a flawless and radiant skin
- It enriches & eradicate uneven skin automatically including dark spots and scars. In addition
- Egyptian milk also reduces and eliminates any sign of discoloration and hyper-pigmented skin.
- It helps eradicate patches & green veins
- It enhances, moisturizes & improves the skin texture leaving it with a perfect ravishing glow.
For more information about making homemade Egyptian milk, visit the video below.