Last Updated on by
We all love aromatherapy and when it comes to aromatherapy, we all must have heard about essential lavender oil. Even for people who don’t have any likeness towards aromatherapy must have heard about the goodness of this oil because it is considered to be a miraculous agent in any kind of aromatherapy or even for therapeutic reasons. It has so much versatility that is considered the best gift of nature.
Lavender is a common plant that is purple. For centuries these plant has been used for various reason like scented candles, creation of potpourri, perfumes, lotion, soaps, shampoo, etc. This is primarily because it can cure many ailments and even for cleansing purposes providing you with the sense of freshness and cleanliness. Hence, lavender oil is considered as the best oils for oil cleansing.
What Makes It Special?
Pure lavender oil is both, anti-bacterial and antiseptic. Therefore, many natural cosmetic companies use this oil in their skincare products. It is also the only oil that can be applied directly on your skin without any dilutions with other products. The aroma helps in soothing anxiety or even severe skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. The anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent source for cleansing and other related skin or health problems.
Therapeutic Properties of Lavender Oil
The effective purple plant oil has shown its magic in curing various medical conditions.
- Soothing Headaches – People who often suffer from headaches or migraines regularly should consider using this oil because research has shown massive improvements in treating headaches. Just by massaging for a few minutes in your scalp will not only help in reducing headaches but will also improve the quality of your hair.
- Stress or Anxiety Buster – Lavender Oil is purposely used in various medicines today for neurological problems. The soothing and calming effect from the oil helps in reduction of stress, anxiety, depression or fatigue.
- Relieve Nausea – This is a common problem faced by most of the people due to bad eating habits. If you are one of them, then burning lavender-scented candles or just by sniffing the scent of lavender oil can ease away nausea or motion sickness.
- Improve Sleep Disorders – For people suffering from sleep disorders, lavender oil works like magic for them. Using a diffuser every night next to bed with few drops of essential lavender oil will help in relaxing your mind, thereby improving sleep disorders.
- Heal Wounds – Not everybody knows but one of the founders of the principles of aromatherapy once burned his hand during an experiment. He immediately plunged his hand in a bowl with liquid next to him to reduce the pain. He realized that after putting his hand in the bowl, the burns have started reducing and healed quickly because the bowl had lavender oil. The properties of lavender oil allow the wound to heal quicker by increased cell regeneration.
- Treating Skin Problems – Due to the presence of anti-oxidants, lavender oil is considered the best oil for oil cleansing, nourishing skin and even treating skin problems.
- Improve Hair quality – Massaging lavender oil regularly in your scalp helps in improving the quality of the hair because it stimulates blood circulation. Hair problems like dandruff or hair fall can be easily cured with the help of Lavender oil.
Apart from these there are other benefits like ease menstrual pain or fight cold problems, fight acne, etc. Hence, looking at its numerous benefits, no wonder it is considered the gift of nature. However, be careful while purchasing because many stores sell it stating it as an authentic product. Buy only from reputed stores who are known to sell organic products.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?