Dorbaxin Forte Tablet is used to treat a variety of ailments, including painful musculoskeletal problems, muscle sprains, and strains, as an adjunct to rest and physical therapy, as well as headache, toothache, earache, joint pain, period pain, fever, and cold. The use of Dorbaxin Forte Tablet is not limited to those indicated in this medication guide.
The active components in Dorbaxin Forte Tablet include methocarbamol and paracetamol.
To relax the body, Dorbaxin Forte Tablet acts on the neurological system by increasing the pain threshold, blood flow over the skin, heat loss, and sweating;
Below is a list of specific details regarding the ingredients, dosage, side effects, and usage of Dorbaxin Forte Tablet.
Uses Of Dorbaxin
Dorbaxin Forte Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions, and symptoms:
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Ear pain
- Adjunct to rest and physical therapy
- Joint pain
- Periods pain
- Painful musculoskeletal conditions
Some of the purposes of Dorbaxin Forte Tablet may not be listed here.
Side Effects Of Dorbaxin
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Dorbaxin Forte Tablet. These side effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Talk to your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Skin eruptions
- Blurred visions
- Lack or loss of appetite for food
- Metallic taste
- Sensation of whirling and loss of balance
- Sudden, violent and irregular movement of the body
- Rapid involuntary movements of the eyes
- Puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes
- Inflammation of the conjunctiva of the eye with nasal congestion
- Hypersensitive reactions
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Feeling of sickness
- Skin reddening
- Allergic reactions
- Shortness of breath
- Swollen facial features
- Liver damage
- Abnormalities of blood cells
- Liver toxicity
- Less white blood cells
- Acute renal tubular necrosis
- Blood dyscrasias
However, this drug can cause any other side effect not listed here, because this is not a comprehensive list.
Inform your doctor about all of your current prescriptions, over-the-counter drugs (such as vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing problems, and current health conditions before using Dorbaxin Forte Tablet (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). You can be more susceptible to the drug's side effects if you have certain medical conditions. Follow your doctor's instructions or the instructions on the package insert when taking. Your condition will determine your dosage. If your issue persists or gets worse, let your doctor know. The following list of key counseling points is provided.
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, avoid using it.
- If you often consume alcoholic beverages, avoid using paracetamol.
- Kidney issues
- Liver issues
- Patients with methocarbamol allergies
Composition and Active Ingredients
Dorbaxin Forte Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
1. Methocarbamol - 400Mg
2. Paracetamol - 500Mg
When not to use Dorbaxin Forte Tablet
- Hepatic dysfunction
- Muscle weakness and unusual fatigue
Dorbaxin Forte Interactions With Other Drugs
The effects of 2Dorbaxin Forte Tablet may alter if you concurrently utilize other medications or over-the-counter remedies. This could make your medication less effective or put you at greater risk for side effects. Inform your doctor of all the medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements you use so they can assist you in avoiding or managing drug interactions. The following medicines and items and the Dorbaxin Forte Tablet could have interactions:
- Advocare A500
- The Darvocet-N 100
- 50 Darvocet
What To Do When You Miss A Dosage
Use the missed dose as soon as you realize it if you do. If your next dose is approaching, skip the missed one and carry on with your regular dosing regimen. Never take an additional dose to make up for a missing one. Consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you if you frequently forget to take your medications. If you have missed too many doses recently, please talk to your doctor about changing your dosing schedule or creating a new schedule to make up for missed doses.
Dorbaxin Forte Tablet Overdose
1. Use just the recommended dosage. More medication won't make your symptoms go away; on the contrary, it could poison you or have other harmful side effects.
2. Go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital or nursing home if you think you or anybody else may have taken too much Dorbaxin Forte Tablet. If you have a medicine box, container, or label, bring it with you so the doctor can get the information they need.
3. Even if you are aware that someone else has the same ailment as you or it appears that they might, avoid giving them your medications. The result could be an overdose.
4. For more information, please refer to your doctor, pharmacist, or product label.
Dorbaxin Forte Tablet Storage
1. Medicines should be kept at room temperature and out of direct sunlight and heat. Unless instructed otherwise in the package information, avoid freezing medications.
2. Keep pets and children away from medications.
3. Unless specifically instructed to do so, avoid flushing drugs down the toilet or pouring them into the drainage. This type of medication disposal could contaminate the ecosystem. For additional information on how to properly dispose of Dorbaxin Forte Tablet, please speak with your pharmacist or physician.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dorxamin
What Happens If You Take An Expired Dorbaxin
It is unlikely that taking a single dose of expired Dorbaxin Forte Tablet will have any negative effects. For suitable guidance or if you feel ill or unwell, talk to your primary care physician or pharmacist. A medicine that has expired might no longer work as well to address your conditions. It's crucial to avoid using outdated medications in order to be on the safe side. You are much safer staying in touch with your primary healthcare provider if you have a chronic ailment that necessitates taking medication consistently, such as a heart issue, seizures, or allergies that can be fatal. This will allow you to have a fresh supply of unopened drugs.
Is It Safe To Use Dorbaxin Forte Tablet When Pregnant?
The drug methocarbamol is not safe for pregnant women.
For advice specific to your particular situation, speak to your doctor before using paracetamol.
Is It Safe To Breastfeed While Using Dorbaxin Forte Tablet?
Methocarbamol: Please talk to your doctor about the advantages and disadvantages.
Please talk to your doctor about the advantages and disadvantages of paracetamol.
Is It Safe To Use This Product While Driving Or Using Large Machinery?
Driving a car or operating heavy machinery may not be safe if you suffer adverse symptoms including sleepiness, dizziness, hypotension, or a headache after taking Dorbaxin Forte Tablet. If taking the medication makes you drowsy, dizzy, or significantly drops your blood pressure, you should not operate a vehicle. Additionally, pharmacists urge patients not to drink alcohol when taking medications because it makes the negative effects of sleepiness worse. When using Dorbaxin Forte Tablet, please watch out for these side effects on your body. Always speak with your doctor for recommendations relevant to your body and health problems.
Is This Medication Or Product Habit-forming Or Addictive?
The majority of medications don't have a high risk of addiction or abuse. Usually, the government's categorizes medicines that can be addictive as prohibited substances. Schedule II-V in the US and Schedule H or X in India are two examples. To ensure that the medicine does not fall within such specific classifications of medications, please check the product label. Last but not least, avoid self-medicating without a doctor's guidance to avoid making your body more dependent on medications.
Can I Quit Taking This Product Right away, Or Do I Need To Gradually Cut Back?
Due to rebound effects, some medications must be tapered or cannot be stopped abruptly. For advice tailored to your unique body, health, and other medications you might be taking, please talk to your doctor.
It is advisable to take this medication according to the doctors prescription.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Additional resources and citations
- 2Dorbaxin Forte Tablet