The sense of smell can bring about more changes in life than you can imagine because it is closely tied to your emotions and memories. That’s why many therapists recommend ‘Aromatherapy’ to many of their patients.
The scent of essential oils passes through your olfactory system and reaches the brain that connects to the hippocampus and amygdala- these are the areas of the brain responsible for your feelings. That’s not it, essential oils can also relieve physical pain and work wonders in bringing back your lost glow. Read on the blog to know more about Aromatherapy.
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a holistic treatment that uses an essential oil extracted from the plant to treat many physical and psychological problems. So ‘essential oil’ lies at the core of any Aromatherapy and this oil improves the health of your mind, body, and spirit.
How to use Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is used mainly through inhalation. Some of the popular approaches are shower bombs, diffusers, spray, oil droplets, etc. Apart from healing you with its scent, it can also provide respiratory disinfection, decongestion, and psychological benefits.
Topical applications: Massaging your body with massage oil boosts blood circulation and increases absorption. However, some of the essential oils are not to be applied directly. Add a few drops of carrier oil in order to dilute them.
You can run the following allergy test if you have sensitive skin:
- Dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil.
- Rub the mixture onto the forearm. If you don’t find any allergic response within 24 to 48 hours, then it should be safe to use that particular essential oil.
Some people develop allergies such as skin irritation, itching, and bruises. For such people, essential oil is not advised.
How Shower Bombs help in Aromatherapy
Shower bombs offer one of the safest ways to reap all benefits of shower bombs. Read on to learn about its amazing benefits.
- They reduce stress: Stress affects people in different ways. Whether you know how to handle stress or not, ‘shower bombs’ definitely know the right way to combat it. Use lavender essential oil when your stress goes haywire- this essential oil calms the nervous system, lowers blood pressure, heart rate, and puts your mind in a more relaxed state.
- Relieve anxiety: According to studies, anxiety affects nearly 18.1% of American adults. Many of these people are looking for a natural solution for their mental problems and shower bombs provide a solution to all their problems in one go. Consider taking a shower in a shower bomb made of lavender, bergamot, or frankincense. Or you can combine all the three essential oils and take a message to get quick relief from anxiety. The essential oil blend has stronger healing power when it comes to stress and anxiety management.
- Boost energy: Instead of relying on caffeine for the energy boost, how about picking natural, safe alternative options like ‘shower bombs’? Shower bombs can revitalize your senses and give you the boost that you need. For energizing effect, try a shower bomb made of citrus oil. You can also use peppermint for boosting your performance as it improves oxygen concentration and decreases exhaustion.
- Improve focus: Many struggles to perform well due to low attention span and lack of focus. Essential oils can improve your concentration and cognitive performance.
- Reduce physical pain: Aromatherapy has a positive impact on reducing gynaecological, postoperative, obstetrical pain. Some of the best essential oils for this are Eucalyptus, turmeric, thyme, and ginger.
- Improve sleep quality: A quick shower with shower bombs before sleep can lull you into blissful sleep. It also improves sleep quality and thus, improves your overall well being.
- Improve digestion: Essential oil can boost your digestion by stimulating digestive enzymes. You can use ginger oil to reduce abdominal gas. Use peppermint to treat IBS.
- Improve immune system: Essential oils in the shower bombs are known for anti-inflammatory properties. Use oregano to guard your body against bacterial infections.
- Balance hormones: Essential oils are a blessing in disguise for people struggling with PCOC or infertility. They can improve estrogen levels in women and help them deal with symptoms associated with menopause.
- Improve hair growth: If you want to skip using chemical-loaded shampoos, then try a safe alternative like shower bombs. They promote hair growth and reduce dandruff and itchy scalp.
The Best essential oils and their significance
- Basil: Alleviates symptoms of depression and improves focus.
- Bergamot: Useful for urinary tract and digestive tract.
- Black pepper: Stimulates blood circulation and relieves muscular aches, pains, and bruises.
- Clove: Used for toothache and prevents vomiting and nausea.
- Eucalyptus: Relieves airways during cold and flu.
- Lavender: Used as antiseptic for minor cuts and burns. And also enhances relaxation.
- Lemon: Relieves symptoms of stress and improves mood.
- Rosemary: Leads to hair growth, prevents muscle spasm, boosts memory, and supports the circulatory and nervous system.
After knowing the benefits of shower bombs for aromatherapy, do you also want to buy a pack of shower bombs that have the above essential oil ingredients in them?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?