How to Use Ocimum gratissimum, also called Clove Basil (Efinrin) to Cure fever; Piles; Back pain; Diabetes, and Other Remedies
Also known as African basil, and in Hawaii as wild basil. It is a leaf that is available everywhere in Nigeria and part of Africa too.
The essential oil of Ocimum gratissimum contains eugenol and shows some evidence of antibacterial activity. Also, the herbal preparation of a water extract from the leaves has analgesic properties. The essential oil has the potential for use as a food preservative.
Extracts of the leaves are documented to possess antidiabetic properties, anti-hyperlipidemic effect and recently, it was shown to improve hematological variables in experimental diabetes mellitus via its well reported antioxidant property.
- Ocimum gratissimum
Other Local names of clove basil leave include;
- Ebe-amwonkho in Edo
- Tchayo in Fon
- Efinrin in Yoruba
- Daidoya in Hausa
- Nchuanwu also Arimu in Igbo
- Ntong in Efik
- Nunu Bush in Jamaica (from the Akan language)
- Yerba di holé in Papiamento
- Fobazen in Haiti
- Scent leaves in Nigeria and in the African diaspora
- Mujaaja in Uganda
6 Medicinal Benefits of Scent Leaves (Efinrin)
Extracts of scent leaves have also been reported to have lower blood pressure, strong effects in killing many types of micro-organisms that cause diseases, including candida
1. Aids digestion
You can improve Your Digestion and Enjoy Eating Again. Scents leave Helps Breakdown Food and Increase Metabolism.
These bacteria aid in digestion while breaking down the foods you eat and help prevent infection and reduce chronic inflammation. You can get more probiotics by taking an efinrin soup and some certain foods too.
2. Clove basil (Efinrin) is Use for Fever Remedy
3. Antidiabetic properties
4. clove basil Remedies for Hemorrhoids or Piles.
5. Clove basil (Efinrin) extract has an Anti-hyperlipidemic effect
6. Back pain
clove basil essential oil
- PLANTS for Ocimum gratissimum | Wikipedia, Retrieved Jul. 23, 2018.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Hi, Guys am Isreal olabanji a dental assistant and public health professionals and has years of experience in assisting the dentist with all sorts of dental issues.
My latest article is on:
- Tooth Extraction: 11 Foods to Eat After pulling a tooth
- Pain in your jaw? 5 Likely Causes of Pain in the Lower Jaw Bone
- HOW TO MASSAGE THE GUM AND ITS BENEFITS
My goal is to enlighten everyone in all aspects of health towards participating in fitness, Dental care, healthy recipes, child health, obstetrics, and more.