Acute Pulpitis Signs and Symptoms
- Relatively severe pain is elicited by thermal changes, especially iced or cold drinks which persist after removal of stimulants.
- Pain may proceed to be more severe with the involvement of a greater portion of the pulp with intra pulpal abscess formation. Severe and lancinating pain may result; it may be continuous and increased by lying down; exacerbated by heat and react to electric pulp tester at a low level of current than normal.
- There is a pain on lying down because there is increase blood flow and also increase inflammatory exudation. This increases pressure in the enclosed pulp chamber.
Acute Pulpitis Treatment
- Acute open pulpitis may become quiescent and enter a chronic phase in high tissue resistance and low virulent organism.
- Early minimal pulpitis can be treated by pulpotomy with CA ( OH)2 lining for calcify bridge
- Root canal filling with inert materials is used for more severe cases.
Chronic Pulpitis Signs and Symptoms
Treatment of Chronic Pulpitis
Chronic Hyperplastic Pulpitis or Pulp Polyp
What is Pulp polyp?
Pulp polyp Signs and Symptoms
Treatment Pulp polyp