What does Prozac feel like when it starts working? This question is gonna be answered today!
There are key things to note so when on Prozac to know if it works for you or not, so as not to waste your time on a medication that isn't working for you. So this article aims to expose this.
SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) antidepressants include Prozac.
They are used to treat symptoms of depression, panic, anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive disorder by affecting certain chemical messengers (neurotransmitters) that interact between brain cells.
Major depressive disorder, bulimia nervosa (an eating disorder), obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder are among the conditions that Prozac is used to treat.
In rare cases, Prozac is used with the drug olanzapine (Zyprexa) to treat manic depression brought on by bipolar illness.
After at least two previous drugs have been tried and failed to successfully treat symptoms of depression, this combination is also used to treat the condition.
Your general wellness is impacted by serotonin, which also impacts your mood and may enhance emotions like happiness, optimism, and satisfaction
Prozac comes in a variety of dosages and forms, including:
- 10 mg
- 20 mg
- 40 m
Prozac Weekly Capsules
- 90 mg
- 20 mg/5ml
- 10 mg
- 20 mg
- 60 mg
Here is a video to know more on how SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) antidepressants work;
Side effects of Prozac
Typically, medical professionals would start a patient on a modest dosage of medication while keeping an eye on any possible adverse effects.
These symptoms may include nausea, insomnia, and headaches. Usually, they disappear after a few weeks.
Other negative effects could include increased perspiration, diarrhea, restlessness, or nervousness.
Problems with orgasm or ejaculation are examples of sexual side effects that may not go away with time.
Your mood and willingness to engage in activities may not improve for up to six or eight weeks.
Prozac overdose signs and symptoms include:
- Irregular pulse, excessive blood pressure, or cardiac arrest are examples of heart issues (when your heart suddenly stops beating)
- SERT Syndrome
Seek emergency medical assistance if you encounter these (or any other) significant adverse effects.
Possible withdrawal effects from Prozac include:
- Paresthesias (a skin-related tingling or prickling feeling)
Some individuals may suffer moderate antidepressant drug withdrawal symptoms, however in others, the symptoms may be severe and last for weeks or even months.
You may stay away from withdrawal symptoms by adhering to a thorough plan that you and your physician create together.
How long does Prozac take to start working?
Your appetite, energy, and/or sleep may start to get better in the first week or two after taking Prozac, as they do with many SSRIs.
Other symptoms, such as a low mood or a loss of interest in daily activities, may take 6 to 8 weeks or more to substantially improve as well.
Watch the video below to know more on how long does prozac take to start working;
What does Prozac feel like when it starts working?
If you're thinking about taking Prozac, you undoubtedly want to know how long it will take for it to start working and how you'll feel after that.
The answer can vary greatly from person to person, although most sources state that it can take two to four weeks.
You could start seeing benefits in your energy, appetite, and/or sleep in the first few weeks of using Prozac.
Initially experienced side effects with Prozac may start to lessen or perhaps go away.
You could start to see additional indications of sadness or anxiety becoming better during the coming months.
You could discover, for instance, that your disposition has improved and/or that you are more enthusiastic about your everyday activities.
Prozac users could experience less anxiety and increased calmness.
They could get more rest, feel more energized, and have greater concentration.
Is Prozac Safe or Right for you?
Prozac is one of the antidepressants that is most often given, and for good reason.
How long would it take for it to start working, however, is one of the most often asked queries prior to using it for the first time.
The answer is complex and varies from person to person, but generally speaking, benefits should be felt in two to four weeks.
Prozac does, however, have certain possible side effects, from moderate to severe, which may range from nausea and sleep disturbance to specific sexual disorders and withdrawal if taken suddenly.
The advice of your doctor should be taken into account before using Prozac; heed their instructions about dosage and stay in constant touch with them while using this medicine.
So provided you stick to your prescription and instructions, you will be safe.
Testimonies from some users of Prozac:
- ELLIE: This medicine has worked well. I was quite nervous to start, and I wasn't feeling well for the first 5–6 days. I felt so much better on day 8! I can breathe, sleep better, and don't get worried about little things. I also don't get panic episodes. Even if I still get bad ideas, I quickly dismiss them. I think I'm a better person now, and I think I can listen to other people without my own views dominating the conversation once again. I'm now taking 20 mg daily and want to continue doing so. Do not be alarmed by reviews!
- VICKY: Every day I've been sobbing and feeling overwhelmed. I work in healthcare and wasn't on any anxiety or stress medications prior to the epidemic. My life is fulfilling. However, when this epidemic hit, I lost control. I've been taking 10 mg/day for a week, and things are going well. I don't panic as much anymore. cry much less. But I'll wait and see how I feel later.
- SC: Because of this medication, I no longer have anxiety or obsessive thoughts. Please don't be afraid to attempt it if you are. The way I used to think and act before taking this is unimaginable. Now that my way of thinking has altered, I feel like myself once again. I eat better and sleep better at night. I once turned to food to help me deal with my emotions. This is no longer the case; I eat properly and fear no longer controls my life. Stop worrying excessively about little issues. I only have positive things to say about Prozac. In all honesty, I really wish I had done it sooner. However, I am now grateful that I can now enjoy my life without being imprisoned by my own thoughts. I am unbound.
You can also watch the video above to get more info on the concept of ''What does Prozac feel like when it starts Working?''
A word by Healthsoothe
Additionally, using Prozac increases suicide ideation in adolescents, teenagers, and young adults. Given that it was assessed in clinical investigations, it is unknown how prevalent this adverse effect is.
Consult a medical professional to determine if taking Prozac for its mood-enhancing benefits justifies the risk.
If you are expecting a baby, intend to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding, let your doctor or prescribing nurse know.
Your medication regimen may need to be changed during this time since Prozac can be transmitted to your unborn child both during pregnancy and via breast milk.
Additionally, you should disclose to your doctor if you have ever had a heart attack or heart failure, have diabetes, had seizures, or suffer from liver or heart illness.
Patients should also tell their healthcare practitioner if they have ever had electroshock treatment, have low blood potassium or magnesium levels, or both.
When using Prozac, don't miss any doses. If you do, unless it is nearly time for your next dosage, take the missing dose as soon as you recall.
Working with your prescribing physician, nurse, or doctor to develop a strategy to carefully and gradually stop using Prozac is crucial if you need to do so for any reason in order to prevent withdrawal symptoms.
I strongly recommend Prozac for anyone who seeks to get rid of anxiety, and has symptoms of depression and obsessive-compulsive order.
All right, guys, that is it for now for “What does Prozac feel like when it starts working?”. I hope Healthsoothe answered any questions you had concerning “What does Prozac feel like when it starts working?”.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions to ask or if there’s anything you want to contribute or correct to this article.
And don’t worry, Healthsoothe doesn’t bite. And always remember that Healthsoothe is one of the best health sites out there that genuinely cares for you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?