There’s practically no shortage of beauty products you can buy nowadays. Unfortunately, most contain chemicals that cause short and long-term problems for those who use them regularly. It’s a good thing that both the consumer base and the industry are supporting initiatives to make skincare and makeup products safer. One of these is promoting the use of more organic and natural components.
Maintaining an effective skincare and makeup routine is good for you. But it’s only as good as the products you use. It may be time to take a look at what you have in your kit and compare it to the all-natural offerings from Raww Cosmetics and other organic brands. As you’ll understand in this article, there are many good reasons for that.
Here’s why you should switch to natural skincare and makeup products:
1. They Contain No Harmful Ingredients
The biggest draw natural skincare and makeup products have is the fact they cut down on the use of harmful ingredients. Taking care of your overall health should include your skincare products, after all. So, not slathering layer upon layer of chemicals on your skin is always a plus.
Far too many cosmetics lines out in the market use chemicals like:
- BHT and BHA: These are butylated compounds usually used as preservatives in cosmetics and diaper creams. They often cause skin allergies and even disrupt the endocrine system. Trace amounts may have little effect on the body, but they can cause serious problems once accumulated.
- Quaternium-15: This substance releases formaldehyde when exposed to the air. Formaldehyde is a carcinogen, a substance that increases your risk of developing cancer. Check the labels to see if the products you use contain this chemical. While you’re at it, also look for methenamine, DMDM hydantoin, and imidazolidinyl urea, which are all dangerous, as well.
- Lead: The effects of lead are well-documented. Despite this, most cosmetic products still contain this metal. While most of them only have low concentrations of lead, the damage is still considerable once you add it all up.
2. Some Of Them Can Be More Effective
Using natural products lets you work with pure, real substances. There aren’t any preservatives or additives that hamper the product’s efficacy.
A high-quality organic brand typically guarantees the products contain at least 95% active ingredients or more. Compare this with mass-produced synthetic products that could have only five to 10%. Those numbers usually mean natural products tend to be more effective and worth your investment.
3. They Are Nutrient-Rich
Natural skincare products are rich in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Those aren’t just great for your health but for your skin, too.
Companies that sell natural skincare and makeup products choose the main ingredients through thorough research. This way, they make sure users get the results they want.
Some of the most well-loved natural ingredients in beauty products these days include coconut oil, shea butter, lavender, rosehip oil, and peppermint.
4. They Reduce The Likelihood Of Allergic Reactions
Synthetic products have a greater risk of causing severe allergic reactions than natural products. The reason is that the latter has fewer chemicals that have problematic interactions with the body.
Skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea can worsen when exposed to chemical products. Be sure to double-check labels to know if the products you’re using can cause a flare-up.
5. They Are Better For Your Skin And Health In The Long Run
Synthetic skincare and makeup products may be fast-acting. But they can also be more harmful in the long run. Those products don’t give you the gentle approach your skin and health deserve, no matter how much they are marketed as ‘safe for sensitive skin.’ Furthermore, the body must work extra hard to cope with the foreign substances they make the skin absorb, which can lead to more serious conditions.
In contrast, natural or organic products may not provide instant results. But they’re easier for the body to process and better for your skin and health overall. Feel free to consult with a dermatologist to find out which ones best meet your needs.
Time To Go All-Natural
If you’ve long been considering a switch to natural skincare and makeup products, here’s your sign. The reasons above are just a sampling of the other reasons why doing this is great for you. Make the switch easy on your skin by starting with one product at a time. As you get used to it, you’ll develop the appropriate routine. As always, check the labels, pick trusted brands, follow instructions, and work with a dermatologist for the best results.