Consuming a lot of vegetables each day is the easiest way to improve your health and well-being these days. Vegetables contain a considerable amount of vitamins, minerals, and fiber which eases the process of digestion. However, some vegetables individually benefit more than others depending upon their nutritional value. Below listed are some highly nutritious vegetable that can be used to prepare a healthy and the best vegetable spread:
Spinach is a rich source of calcium, vitamins, iron, and various antioxidants. Being a green leafy vegetable, finely chopped spinach can be a nutritious ingredient of veggie spreads or a great addition to any meat- or dairy-free diet. The nutrients contained in spinach are vitamin K, vitamin A(high amount), vitamin C, magnesium, iron, calcium, and folate. These nutrients are essential for strong bones and a healthy body. Iron provides a good amount of energy and magnesium improves muscle and nerve function.
It can be eaten raw in salads, sandwiches, pasta dishes, soups, and smoothies
Broccoli belongs to the same family as cabbage, kale, and cauliflower and is extremely healthful and nutritious. It contains a good amount of calories, vitamin K, and vitamin C to fulfil the daily requirements of the body. Eating cruciferous vegetables are known to reduce the risk of cancer and block tumor growth.
For consumption, it can be roasted, steamed, or fried. People also blend it into soups or eat it in salads.
Peas are sweet and starchy green vegetables that provide good amounts of fiber, proteins, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, and various B vitamins. Green peas a rich source of plant-based proteins that boost the protein intake of vegan people. Peas contain fiber that ensures regular bowel movements and a healthy digestive tract. The compounds contained in peas possess antioxidant and anticancer benefits.
Peas can be used in pasta dishes, vegetable curries, mint soups, vegetable spread, and much more.
Carrots are extremely nutritious sources of calories and vitamin A which is vital for healthy eyesight, and getting enough vitamin A may help prevent vision loss. Fresh carrot juice is known to kill or inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
This versatile vegetable provides great health benefits when eaten raw, in soups, or can be teamed up in black olive spread to make it more nutritious.
8. Fermented vegetables
Fermented vegetables are a healthy dose of probiotics which are beneficial bacteria present in the body and other foods and supplements. They are known to improve gut health and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. They also prevent diarrhea and other infections. Vegetables that can be fermented are cabbage, cucumber, carrot, and cauliflower.
Fermented vegetables are the best option to be consumed in salads and sandwiches as a veggie spread, or as a side dish.
Tomatoes are treated as fruits as well as vegetables which contain a considerable amount of calories, potassium, and vitamin C. They are powerful antioxidants that play a great role in cancer prevention and also protects as well as improves vision.
They can be eaten raw as a salad or can be a major ingredient in an Italian spread for sandwiches and much much.
Here is the recipe to make the perfect Italian vegetable spread:
1. Grated carrots: 2/3 cup
2. Chopped green bell pepper: 1/4 cup
3. Minced Onion: 1/4 cup
4. Chopped cucumber: 1/4 cup
5. Chopped celery: 1/4 cup
6. Softened cream cheese: 8 ounces
7. Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
8. Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
9. Mayonnaise: 1 1/2 tablespoons
Directions for preparing veggie spread:
- 1. Take a bowl and combine grated carrots, chopped green bell pepper, minced onion, chopped cucumber, and chopped celery in it. Mix well.
- 2. In a separate bowl, combine softened cream cheese, salt, lemon juice, and mayonnaise and beat it gently.
- 3. Combine the vegetable mixture with the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- 4. Refrigerate for one hour.
- 5. Your veggies spread is ready to be topped on sandwiches.
Nutritive value per serving:
1. Calories: 83.5
2. Protein: 1.6g
3. Carbohydrates: 2g
4. Fat: 7.9g
5. Cholesterol: 21.2mg
6. Sodium: 120mg
Here is the recipe to make the perfect Italian vegetable spread
- 2/3 Cup Grated carrots
- 1/4 Cup Chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup Minced Onion
- 1/4 Cup Chopped cucumber
- 1/4 Chopped celery
- 8 ounces Softened cream cheese
- 1/4 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Take a bowl and combine grated carrots, chopped green bell pepper, minced onion, chopped cucumber, and chopped celery in it. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine softened cream cheese, salt, lemon juice, and mayonnaise and beat it gently.
- Combine the vegetable mixture with the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for one hour
- Your veggies spread is ready to be topped on sandwiches.
Nutritive value per serving:1. Calories: 83.5 2. Protein: 1.6g 3. Carbohydrates: 2g 4. Fat: 7.9g 5. Cholesterol: 21.2mg 6. Sodium: 120mg
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Hi, Guys am Isreal olabanji a dental assistant and public health professionals and has years of experience in assisting the dentist with all sorts of dental issues.
My latest article is on:
- Tooth Extraction: 11 Foods to Eat After pulling a tooth
- Pain in your jaw? 5 Likely Causes of Pain in the Lower Jaw Bone
- HOW TO MASSAGE THE GUM AND ITS BENEFITS
My goal is to enlighten everyone in all aspects of health towards participating in fitness, Dental care, healthy recipes, child health, obstetrics, and more.