Masturbation is a major challenge for recent children (male and female) and this has been in existence for more than 30years ago. A lot of youth choose to ignore this even medical personnel too, but this thing has damaged so much life’s.
It has been the major problem for so many homes today. It has to lead to major challenges like low sperm count, sexual weakness, pain, bleeding, frequent urination, loss of weight, loss of blood, shorten lifespan and a weak bladder muscle when the person reached age 60 to 70 years of age.
At what age do children masturbate?
Masturbation (self-abuse) is a vicious habit. It is often learned while the child is young by the age of 5-6 years. Sometimes the one who is taking care of the child, this will amuse the child by handling his external genital organ. Later, the child himself will learn to handle this part of his body, and he will thus become a masturbator by age 15, almost 100% of boys and 25% of girls have masturbated to the point of orgasm.
The custom of carrying children astride the hip produces a constant rubbing of the child’s genital organs, and by keeping these organs constantly irritated, the child may be led to masturbate.
How do children learn the habits of masturbation?
The child often learns this habit from their playmates at school. In other cases, there may be a long or adherent foreskin. This irritates the end of the penis and causes it to itch.
The child rubs the organ, and in this way may learn to be a masturbator. For this reason, whenever a child is noticed rubbing or scratching about the region of the external genitals, it will generally be found that he should be taken to a physician and should be circumcised.
This is also learned from society at large and various home, imagine a child gets exposed to some sex act on tv and wash is dad and mom having sex (some parent choose to ignore this and said is just a child). All this must be stopped or else the health of the child is at stake. Majority of the parent destroy their child life without knowing.
Children need every attention from their mother, not food and money can do all things, the oral principle is important. Please give your child maximum attention.
If the habit of masturbation is carried on into young manhood the young man becomes debased morally. He does not respect himself and will never become a useful man unless he ceases to masturbate. Every effort should be made to prevent and check the habit in childhood.
How does masturbation affect sexual power?
There is nothing more distressing to a man who has been promiscuous or has practiced masturbation than to find upon marrying that his sexual powers are worn out and unable to function. He comes to the doctor and begs him to do something about it. But the damage has been done and if the powers return at all, it will be after a long period of chastity.
Remember, the powers of reproduction in both the male and female are limited to a few years and if they are worn out they do not recuperate readily. Furthermore, if youth indulge in sexual intimacies before marriage, they are laying the foundation for future unhappiness. When united later on with a life partner in marriage, they will in one way or another have cause to regret such moral lapses. The most common sequel is impotence.
How to prevent your children from playing with genitals in public?
- Set daily limits: You need to make your children understand that it is a private activity, such as toileting, and can only be performed/ limited to the bedroom or bathroom only.
- Distract them: You must get your child interested in another activity and make them busy with their hands.
- Reduce the amount of hugging, cuddling and parental affection you show to your child, that alone can trigger them to do the same for another child.
- Make sure a security object is available for your child to use such as (teddy bear, doll, and blanket) to take in public, since they may be using genital play to comfort themselves in an unfamiliar situation.
- For children with developmental delay or other mental impairments that may not be as receptive to reasoning, positive reinforcement techniques may be helpful (for example, reward them for not playing with their genitals with special treats).
Additional resources on masturbation:
- Sexual development in children(link is external) (Kidshealth.org)
- Information about sexual health for teens(link is external) (Kidshealth.org)
- Parents’ sex ed center(link is external) (advocatesforyouth.org)
- Talking with kids about sex and relationships(link is external) (ChildrenNow.org)
- Tools for parents(link is external) (PlannedParenthood.org)
Suggested reading on masturbation:
- Books about sexuality for young people(link is external) (SEICUS)
- From Diapers To Dating: A Parent’s Guide to Raising Sexually Healthy Children, by Debra W. Haffner
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?