There's no doubt that weight loss is a hot topic. Everywhere you look, there are stories and advice about how to shed that body fat fast. But can you really achieve significant weight loss in one month?
Let's look at what it would take to make a 1 month weight loss transformation.
As per the CDC, the safest is to lose at least one to two pounds per week. And it may not seem much, but it adds up over time.
Besides, losing 1-2 pounds each week is a slow and steady weight loss journey. Just so, it's more likely to lead to long-term success. Also, it's easier (and healthier) to drop pounds gradually.
The answer is yes! In just four weeks, you can see significant changes in your body. You'll lose weight, tone your muscles, and decrease your body fat percentage. All of which will lead to better health and a more youthful appearance.
But let's say your goal is more realistic, like 10 pounds. Is that possible? Yes! In fact, a 35-year-old mum at Healthy Mummy, Stacey, lost at least 22 pounds in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Despite that, remember that everybody is different. So what works for other mums may not work for you. With that, start with small changes and see how your body reacts.
Let's look at four ways to make a one-month weight loss possible.
The first step to losing weight is setting realistic expectations. Remember that your body has just gone through a major change. And it will take some time to get back to your pre-baby body weight.
Rome wasn't built in a day, nor is your post-baby body! Give yourself some grace and think long-term about your weight loss goals. Plus, a slow and steady approach is best, and crash diets are ineffective and can also be dangerous.
So, set yourself up for success by coming up with a weight loss plan that you can stick to in the long term.
When it comes to losing weight, there are many diet plans to choose from. But consider which program is the best for your body.
If you want to lose weight, you might be tempted to try a fad diet or the latest weight-loss craze. But these diets are often ineffective and can make you gain weight in the long run. And so, the best way to lose weight is to focus on eating healthy foods that nourish your body.
Some tips to help you stick to a healthy diet and reach your weight loss goals include:
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is key to any fitness journey, especially if you want to lose weight. When dehydrated, your body holds onto water weight, leading to bloating and puffiness.
- Create a calorie deficit. Make sure to consume fewer calories than you burn in a day. If you're unsure how many calories you should consume, search for online calculators. Then you cut calories down to your recommended calorie intake throughout the day for a month.
- Avoid yo-yo dieting. The Yo-yo diet is when you lose weight for a short time only to regain more weight back. And it can be frustrating; plus, it's not great for your health either. If you want to lose weight, try to find a plan that you can stick with long-term.
- Do a high-protein diet. Ensure you're getting enough protein. Well, protein is essential for muscle gain, and then this muscle helps burn more calories.
- Take a close look at your eating habits. Do you eat out a lot? Are you eating processed foods or sugary snacks? If so, try to cut back and focus on eating more slow-release carbs, such as sweet potatoes.
Many people give up on their fitness goals because they hate going to the gym. If lifting weights and weight training are not your thing, try focusing on lean muscle instead of muscle mass.
Well, basal metabolic rate strongly influences how many calories you burn at rest. So, by increasing lean muscle, you can burn more calories even when you're not working out.
Another way to stick with your fitness goals is to find an exercise routine you enjoy. Maybe you like walking in nature, riding your bike around town, or joining a sports team. Whatever keeps you motivated and gets you moving, stick with it and don't give up.
Most mums know burning fat is no easy feat. But it's not impossible, either!
Also, talking to other mums about your struggles helps develop a healthier relationship with your body. That's why it's essential to seek out other mums on the same journey as you. And so, join a local mums group or the Healthy Mummy community.
There's no doubt about it; making a 1-month weight loss takes work. But it isn't impossible! By following these four tips and staying motivated, you can make big strides in reaching your goals.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?