Last Updated on by
Diet Following dental Implant Surgery Placement
Do not use straws, drink from a glass. Using a straw with sucking motion can cause more bleeding. Avoid carbonated beverages or very hot foods or drinks.
A soft, or non-chewing diet is recommended for 10 days to 2 weeks after the procedure to allow the gum tissue to heal quickly. Eat food in small pieces or use a blender if needed. Eat a more balanced diet that can nourish your body, take it with comfort. Patients who maintain a good diet of soft foods, generally feel a lot better, have less discomfort and quick recovery heal faster. Avoid foods that may cause a dental problem. Over the next several days you may progress to more solid foods.
|Post Dental Implant Surgery Diet – Infographic|
Recommended diet after dental implant surgery (food and drinks):
- Softer fruits, such as bananas, peaches, nectarines, watermelons, and all berries are usually good choices
- Juice, water, milk, coffee, tea.
- Avoid hard food: Go for Cooked cereals, such as oatmeal or cream of wheat, soft bread, Moin Moin, Ogi food, Custard, Eba food, macaroni and cheese, baked or mashed potatoes.
- More water: Staying hydrated is vital to your immune system and overall health, and nothing will keep you hydrated more efficiently than water.
- When it comes to vegetables, cooked or steamed vegetables, carrots, and squash.
- Sauces and soups are the best way to go. Home cooked broth, bouillon.
- Protein: eggs, fish and seafood, and beans are better
- Ground beef, baked or broiled fish, broiled or stewed chicken (Remember to cut them into small pieces first.).
- Jell-O, puddings, pound cake, milkshakes, ice cream.
What food to avoid after a tooth implant for quick healing?
Avoid foods that may cause trauma to the gums. Over the next several days you can start taking more solid foods. To recover quickly you Recovering patients should avoid chewing food until tongue sensation has returned (to avoid bite) and also stay away from food that may get stick in the surgical areas like;
- sunflower seeds
- nuts or shells.
You should start normal tooth brushing the day after surgery, except in the operated area. Rinse your toothbrush under hot water to soften the bristles and avoid vigorous brushing and rinsing. It is essential to keep your mouth clean since an accumulation of food debris promote plague.
After dental implant surgery, patients should stick to the next recommendations for a good recovery. It’s important to avoid any foods that may physically disrupt the implant or cause discomfort.
- First, under normal circumstances don’t skip meals, getting proper nutrients we help your healing and strengthen you, feeling a lot better and faster recovery. If you have a special diet requirement related to a medical condition, like being a diabetic, you should keep those eating habits or follow instructions that your specialist prescribe.
- Like I stated earlier soft and liquid food is the best practice before going for solids foods after a few days. Drink water when necessary is also essential.
- On the day of the surgery, avoid hot food and liquids because it promotes bleeding and swelling. You should use a straw for the first few days after surgery.
- Stop excessive drinking such as any alcoholic beverages
- Stop smoking
Dos and Don’ts of Implant Surgery
- Avoid eating hot foods.
- Do not use a straw the first few days after your dental surgery, it causes bleeding in the operated area.
- Do not touch the surgery area with your tongue or hand.
- Don’t use a toothpick.
- Eat wholesome foods in the comfort of your home.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?