Your oral health is of utmost significance. There are a number of reasons for that. Your smile is the first thing that is noticed by the onlookers and therefore it plays a crucial role in building a great first impression.
Not only that, your oral health is also a reflection of your overall health. It is for this reason that you must take good care of it. For that just brushing and flossing your teeth in the best way possible is not enough.
This is simply because through regular home cleaning we are often unable to reach the difficult corners of the mouth and those are the places where tartar build-up occurs. It is for this reason that you have to go regular dental check-ups and dental cleanings every 6 months.
The long-term perks that you get by opting for a professional dental cleaning are much more than just a beautiful looking smile. They have far-reaching consequences related to the dental hygiene, your overall health as well as your mental state.
Here are some of the major reasons why professional dental cleanings is required. Just take a look.
- Prevent Cavities – The whitish film that builds up on your teeth is called plaque and it happens to be one of the greatest reasons that tooth decay occurs. This acidic substance is responsible for wearing down the tooth enamel and if you ignore and fail to attend it in the right way it can leave you with cavities. Brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings can all help you to do away with plaque but opting for professional dental cleanings every 6 months, ensures that your mouth is completely clean and there is no chance of plaque growth on your teeth.
- Prevent Loss of Tooth – Gum disease begins with the plaque built-up on the teeth which is the major cause of tooth loss. Plaque moves further into the gumline and teeth with the progress of gum ailment. This leads to bone destruction in the jaw which, in turn, results in teeth loosening and eventual fallout. But if you opt for regular dental cleanings the chances of this happening can be reduced to a great extent. You should also stick to regular oral hygiene at home for avoiding such circumstances from cropping up.
- Decrease the Dementia Risk – Research reveals that people with poor dental hygiene have over 60 % more risk of developing dementia as compared with the older adults who practice good oral hygiene by brushing teeth twice, flossing and going for regular dental cleanings. The risks of dementia are even worse for the men who have lost their teeth and forget to wear dentures for chewing the food. They are the ones who are most prone to develop dementia.
- Reduce Bad Breath -The simplest way to reduce bad breath is by maintaining dental hygiene and clean teeth. Going beyond the daily brushing and flossing by opting for a dental treatment offers you fresher breath and healthier mouth.
- Get a Stellar Smile – Tobacco, coffee, wine, tea and even fruits that seem innocent can cause stains that are unsightly. Luckily the dental cleaning is capable of doing away with the stains and offers the perfectly polished white smiles.
- Get Better Overall Health -Your dental health is linked with your overall health and links have also been found between inflammatory ailments like diabetes and stroke with bad oral hygiene. These conditions can be spotted in early stages at the time of the clean-up which offers your opportunity to treat and prevent these ailments from aggravating further. Moreover, when gum ailment is not detected early, the bacteria can enter the bloodstream. Once it is there, it gives rise to plague inside the vessels of blood. This can lead to blood clots and even possible heart attacks. Added to that, if you are pregnant then there is also a connection between low birth weights and dental health. Though it may not seem obvious that dental health and overall health is related, in reality, they are more closely related than you think.
- Save Money – The faster a dental issue is identified the less time-consuming, less invasive and costly the treatment will be. There is no point going for a root canal when just a filling is sufficient at the initial stage. That is why opting for preventive oral care and visiting the office of a reputed dentist in Greenpoint every 6 months for proper oral check-up and teeth cleanings is absolutely necessary and undoubtedly the most affordable way to retain the oral health.
The above are some of the reasons why dental cleanings is essential for retaining your oral and overall health.
Nitesh Ranjan is a digital marketing expert with keen interest on topics, trends and ideas related to brand promotion and advertising. He regularly shares information on the ways to market businesses across digital channels for better ROI, increased conversions and more sales. His blog can help anyone interested in boosting the online visibility in the digital world and eyeing access to a wider and bigger marketplace without spending big on marketing. Trust his digital marketing knowledge to enhance your brand’s presence on the internet.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Isreal olabanji is a dental assistant and public health professionals and has years of experience in assisting the dentist with all sorts of dental problems. My goal is to enlighten everyone in all aspects of health towards participating in fitness, Dental care, healthy recipes, child health, obstetrics, and more.