There is an easy solution, which is a mouthguard, that can be worn at night. Here are some common indications that you might need a mouth guard.
- Jaw Pain: Teeth grinding can cause jaw pain. Do you commonly have a sore jaw? How about the muscles around your lower face, especially just beneath your ear? Are these areas sore to touch? It could be a sign of Bruxism. Here are the 5 Likely Causes of Pain in the Lower Jaw Bone
- Headaches: Headaches can be caused by many things, but one of the most common is night-time teeth grinding. The pain would normally be stronger around the back and the sides of your head. You may only notice the pain in the morning. To be sure the pain is related to grinding, see if you have any other symptoms from this list.
- Tooth Pain: Tooth pain can have other causes as well, but whether it is teeth grinding or some other issue. If the pain persists, you should not delay in making an appointment with your dentist to see what is going on.
- Chipped Teeth: Teeth grinding is something you do without being aware. It is not just constant clenching of the jaw. It can also be a sliding motion of tooth against tooth. Depending on how aggressive the grinding is, teeth can be chipped and broken in the process. Have you woken up and realized something has changed with your teeth? Do you have chips that you can’t remember when they occurred? You might need a mouth guard.
- Ask Your Partner: If you don’t sleep alone, it is a simple thing to ask your partner if they have ever seen you grind your teeth at night, or ask if they can wake up a few random times to see if you are grinding your teeth while you sleep.
Thousands of people experience the problem of snoring and teeth grinding. These problems not only affect the mouth but the entire body system due to some major conditions. It is caused by stress and anxiety, which is also resulted in other conditions like insomnia, facial muscle pain, headaches, neck pain, spasms, jaw aches, etc. Living with bruxism can lead to painful symptoms like chronic headaches, jaw pain, and chipped teeth.
But, with the availability of many anti-snoring mouthpieces or mouthguards, many people find relief and reduce the problem of grinding and clenching during the night. There are two types of categories of these devices:
- MAD - It holds the tongue in place and prevents air blockage.
- TAD – It holds the tongue in place without repositioning the jaw.
People suffer from snoring and teeth grinding problems need to choose the mouthguards carefully like which is best for them and molds to the user’s mouth? Make sure the mouthpieces you choose are able to offer a customized fit and can be adjusted using movable trays. So, which is best for you?
However, this guide will explain the best mouthguards for teeth grinding and snoring:
VitalSleep treats snoring using the same method MAD. With this, you can sleep in any position and can properly breathe through your mouth and nose. This device offers a customized fit and can easily be adjusted. For added customization, the devices are available for both men and women’s sizes. It can properly molded and exhale and inhale the air freely through mouth and nose. It is an adjustable jaw positioning for your snoring level.
Dental Duty Professional Dental Guard
A versatile and anti-bruxism mouthguard that not only reduces teeth grinding but also whiten your teeth. In addition, athletic can use these mouthguards while playing sports like football or wrestling. This boil-and-bite mouthguard is made from BPA-free materials and provides a customized fit. These are also very soft and comfortable. Moreover, using water you can effortlessly mold the mouthpiece to fit your unique mouth. This thin fitting and small teeth grinding guard can be trimmed to fit any mouth size, which eliminates the feeling of overwhelming bulkiness and irritation on sensitive gums.
No more sleepless nights! Using a hinged design, ZQuiet can automatically adjust to the user’s mouth. This is beneficial for those who suffer from jaw pain. It provides a quiet, healthy sleep and stabilizes the jaw properly. By preventing the jaw from falling back, ZQuiet allows air to pass through freely without creating the harsh vibration, hence alleviating the annoying snoring noise. It is easy to use and enables freedom of jaw movement so you can sleep with your mouth open or closed. You can sleep comfortably either you want to sleep with the open or closed mouth.
Teeth Armor Custom Teeth Night Guard
These custom-fitted mouthguards allow the users to change and adjust it in many different ways. This Teeth Armor allows the buyers to enjoy the brand and save more money eventually. The process of customization with this is straightforward. It is made from laminate that is not only strong and durable but provides optimal comfort It also has a medium-density with optimal and comfort design. It is best for those who experience severe bruxism symptoms and people with sensitive teeth and/or jaws.
Pro Teeth Guard
The Pro Teeth Guard are the best-customized mouthguard, which is known as more convenient. When users will order a home impression kit, they can create a mold themselves using putty material that is available in a home impression kit. By sending it to the company's dental lab, users will receive a customized mouthguard in the mail shortly thereafter. It is highly durable and made of laminate and acrylic materials. You can use these for a longer time than most boil-and-bite satisfaction guarantee. With the ultra-durable design, it is hassle-free and easy to customize.
With an eye-catching matrix design and a calibrator on each side to aid with adjustments, the SnoreRx is a sleek and anti-snoring device. This device is suitable for sleepers and provides maximum flexibility and comfort so that it can adapt to the way you sleep and provide maximum relaxation. It enables you to sleep comfortably throughout the night whether your mouth is open or closed. The SnoreRx can be adjusted by simply slide the upper and lower trays manually by squeezing its sides. With customized fit, it creates the perfect fit without boiling, molding, or hassle.
The above-mentioned mouthguards are the best for teeth grinding & snoring. These mouthguards are an effective way to avoid complications and achieve a speedy recovery. With the right selection of these devices, you will not feel discomfort. The advantages of this device include continued sleep. A person does not wake up, even while giving impulses. Mouthguards from bruxism are hygienic products, therefore care and maintenance of them require the same efforts as removable dentures. SO, choose the appropriate one according to your dentist advice.
If you do believe that you have been grinding your teeth at night or if you want a professional opinion, you should call your dentist. Leaving this condition untreated can lead to serious problems. Once you wear down your enamel, you will be at increased risk for tooth decay. Your dentist will be able to properly diagnose the problem and fit you with a mouth guard that you can wear at night. Mouthguards are a simple and comfortable solution to bruxism. Be sure to follow all the care and cleaning suggestions to ensure your safety.
Dr. Omid Allan is a highly educated, skilled and experienced dentists with special interests in Dental Implants and Aesthetic Dentistry. He has been practicing dentistry since 1996 and been involved in implant dentistry since the year 2000. Dr. Allan is an inventor in the field of Dental Implants in Sydney. He has developed and patented an exclusive implant system known as Miniature Implants.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?