If you are suffering from dry hair, hair dandruff, scalp-hair, Hair Detangler and damaged hair conditions or you just want your hair to be shiny, silky, strong and healthy then you must use coconut oil recipes to improve your hair growth. Coconut oil contains a lot of lauric acids, medium-chain fatty acid and anti-microbial properties that makes the hair strong and also condition your scalp.
Coconut oil is very active in preventing hair loss, breakage and boosts hair growth and overall hair strength and a perfect natural hair care product. I use coconut oil mostly for my skin and body but is a good natural source for hair and body. Different hair conditions call for different solutions and that's exactly what each of these DIY recipes has to offer!
Benefits Of Coconut Oil Recipes
1. For Hair Growth
The only nutrients that enhance healthy hair growth are protein and coconut oil, which means coconut oil, is the best source of protein to give to your hair. Coconut Oil is rich in fatty acids which help in reducing inflammation and nourishes hair follicles. It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties which help in repairing scalp health by fighting infections and bacteria, boosting hair growth. Now you can reduce your chemical laden hair care product and use natural and organic hair care products which have the benefits of coconut oil for boosting hair growth.
2. Treats Dry Hair
3. Treats Dandruff
4. Protects Scalp
1. Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
- 2 Tablespoon Of Virgin Coconut Oil
- 5 Drops Of Rosemary Essential Oil
- Coconut Oil with Aloe Vera
You need to get a large bowl of hot water and an empty small bowl. Pour your coconut oil in small bowl and put it in the large bowl of hot water. This would warm up the coconut oil. Now mix rosemary oil with the coconut oil and apply this mixture to the scalp and hair. Gently massage your scalp for ten minutes. Keep the oil as an overnight hair mask or rinse your hair after an hour with mild organic shampoo. Repeat these processes for about three times in a week.
Coconut oil is also very effective with rosemary essential; all you need to do is to combine rosemary with coconut oil. Rosemary essential contains anti-inflammatory agent like coconut oil which aids in decreasing inflammation and nourishes hair follicles.
Download the pdf for later use
Coconut Oil with Aloe Vera (Hair Growth)
- You will need to blend the aloe vera and coconut oil together until it forms a gel-like consistency
- Go ahead and Use the gel to your hair (roots, ends, and scalp). Wait until half an hour.
- Then Wash with warm water an clean with a hand towel.
2. Coconut Oil For Hair Dandruff
- 2 Tablespoons of Virgin Coconut Oil
- 5 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Coconut Oil with Lemon Juice
The lavender essential oil is very useful for tackling dandruff. It contains anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which decrease dandruff causing fungus and bacteria hiding on your scalp. It makes your scalp free from itchy, flaky and redness, making it healthy and dandruff free.
Coconut Oil with Lemon Juice (Dandruff)
- Blend the coconut oil and lemon juice together in a bowl
- Apply the blended mixture constantly to your hair and wait for about 15 mins.
- Rinse with cool water and towel dry and clean.
- Rinse your hair with shampoo.
3. Coconut Oil For Hair Conditioner
- 2 Tablespoons Of Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon of Shea Butter
Egg yolks and Shea Butter make a great natural hair conditioner when mixed with coconut oil. Egg yolk hydrates hair. It includes fat which forms a protective layer on the hair shaft, making hair silky and smooth. Also, shea butter is an abundant source of fatty acid which nourishes scalp and help in preventing dryness of hair. It also keeps hair hydrated for a very long time.
4. Coconut Oil For Hair Split Ends
- 2 Tablespoons of Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Of Honey
- 5 Tablespoon Of Aloe Vera Gel
There can be various reasons for hair split ends similar to the exposure of hair to excessive heat produced by the hair dryer, extreme use of hair styling products like straighteners, curlers and much more. Now with this mixture of coconut oil, honey and aloe vera gel you can get rid of hair split ends.
Honey has humectant, which prevents loss of moisture from the scalp. It also strengthens hair follicles. Also, aloe vera gel is a great moisturizer for dry and damaged hair prone to split ends.
5. Coconut Oil For Hair Detangler
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Glycerin
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Distilled Water
Begin with the tip of the hairs. Make several separations of your hair and firstly detangle your hair from a tip by combing it slowly with a wide tooth comb and slowly move to the upper direction of your hair and finish that section of your hair before going to the next section.
6. Coconut Oil and Egg (Hair Repair)
- Break the egg and add the coconut oil to it.
- Use the mixture to your hair
- Wait for 15 minutes so that your hair scalp can absorb it.
- Rinse your hair with cool water and then wash using a shampoo
7. Coconut Oil and Honey (Damaged hair)
- Put the honey and coconut oil in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or until they are melted together.
- Leave the mixture to be cool to touch and then apply on dry hair
- Massage with your fingers gently and leave the mixture on your hair for 15-20 mins.
- Rinse with cool water and rinse your hair with shampoo or co-wash.
8. Coconut Oil and Avocado (Dry Hair)
- Grind the ripe avocado until you get a smooth consistency.
- Combine coconut oil to your avocado puree and mix well.
- Administer this mixture to your hair and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water and make sure to remove the avocado residue and towel dry clean.
What is your favorite coconut oil DIY recipe? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?