Last Updated on 1 year by Isreal Olabanji DST RN
According to NDA, and studies show bleaching is generally safe. As a general rule for Do It Yourself (DIY) hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening, using homemade teeth whitening – such as, baking soda teeth whitening, whitening teeth with banana peel. A small amount – can make an effect. Several remedies solutions start with teeth whitening kit follow by using baking soda as the base, combined with other natural ingredients for consistency.
Apart from healthy hair and glowing skin, shiny, white teeth are associated with beauty and smartness, both in men and women. Bad oral habits and excessive consumption of carbonated drinks and caffeine can easily stain your teeth and turn them yellow over time. That’s why you need to apply Hydrogen Peroxide Teeth Whitening.
Specialized teeth whitening kinds of toothpaste can also help your teeth whiten a lot, but very rarely produce satisfying results. There is the other option of using dental whitening strips, but some of these products can damage our enamel.
The benefit of using Hydrogen Peroxide Teeth Whitening
The main benefit of using hydrogen peroxide for teeth stain removal is that it is effective and not costly. You can find bottles of this solution in any pharmaceutical drugstore around you or get 365 Everyday value, hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening gel online and his always readily available.
The key properties of this ingredient are as follows:
- It is a chemical lightening agent that removes the build-up from the teeth and whitens them.
- It possesses antimicrobial properties that can benefit those afflicted with oral ailments like plaque, gingivitis, and bleeding gums.
- It can counter bad breath by eliminating the odor-causing bacteria from the mouth.
6 Ways To Use Hydrogen Peroxide Teeth Whitening
- Gargling With Hydrogen Peroxide
- Using Cotton Swab And Hydrogen Peroxide
- Baking Soda And Hydrogen Peroxide
- Listerine And Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen Peroxide And Lemon Juice
- Hydrogen Peroxide And Salt
Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda
A simple toothpaste consisting of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda can create a brighter smile. Baking soda combined with water releases free radicals that break down stain-causing molecules on tooth enamel. Here’s your best approach:
- Use less baking soda than hydrogen peroxide, and make sure your paste isn’t gritty.
- Combine about two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with one tablespoon of baking soda.
- Stir it into a paste and start brushing.
- Let the paste stand about a minute and then rinse.
- It’s always important to thoroughly rinse your mouth afterward so no hydrogen peroxide or baking soda is left over. And above all, limit the use of your paste to two or three times a week.
When you use any of these remedies, once you see visible results and your teeth turn whiter, discontinue using hydrogen peroxide for a couple of weeks. It cannot be a part of your daily oral care, as continuous use can cause more harm than good to your teeth. Also, refrigerate hydrogen peroxide once you purchase it to keep it in its stabilized form for longer.
While hydrogen peroxide solution has the approval of the NDA and top dentists also recommend it for teeth stain removal, you need to proceed with caution. It can cause unnecessary side effects in some people.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Hydrogen Peroxide On Teeth?
- Using hydrogen peroxide solution can cause temporary gum irritation or tooth sensitivity. This is not severe and will subside soon by itself.
- Never swallow hydrogen peroxide solution as it may interact with the stomach acids and cause gastrointestinal issues.
- If ingested, hydrogen peroxide can cause bleeding in the esophagus.
- It is not advisable to use this compound to remove stains from children’s teeth.
- It may not be a good idea to use and combine hydrogen peroxide with OTC teeth whitening products. Doing so may result in enhanced gum irritation and erosion of the teeth enamel.
- People with sensitive teeth, bleeding gums, and existing teeth ailments should not use this solution at random. They should consult a dentist before trying this solution for teeth whitening at home to be on the safer side.
Over the counter and in-home teeth-whitening kits tend to take at least a month of wearing mouthpieces every night before they start to have an effect. Additionally, over-the-counter products use mouthpieces that can get the solution on the gums, and not cover all the teeth.
Remember, that using homemade Hydrogen Peroxide Teeth Whitening as your only oral care tool isn’t the best way for good healthy mouth. Sticking to a normal routine of proper flossing and brushing, along with your regular dental visits twice a year, is the best way to maintain a healthy, bright smile.
If you do not fall into the above categories, you are lucky. Give any of the remedies mentioned in this article a try and let the world see your beautiful, white teeth in no time.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?