There are various drinks in Nigeria made out of tiger nuts. Kunu drink offer numerous has health benefits for pregnant women. It is a natural beverage that keeps you healthy and can be prepared at home in a matter of minutes.
Kunu Drink and Pregnancy
As a woman that will soon become a mother soon, you should think of what your precious baby will eat and drink to keep him or her kicking. Healthy foods and beverages are very important for your baby to grow during the nine months period and beyond.
Thus, you might wonder if you can drink Kunu drink during pregnancy or not. What are the side effects of Kunu drink you should know before drinking it? What are the benefits of kunu drink during pregnancy?
Here are just a few of those health benefits kunu drink during pregnancy (kunu aya milk):
Today, we are going to talk about non-alcoholic drinks known as Kunu Aya. It as a supernatural ingredient known as ginger, the “super-food”, offer numerous benefits for pregnant women during pregnancy.
- Ginger improves the blood circulation (Activation of cerebral blood flow) in the body. This is essential for your baby to get the right level of blood flow or supply.
- The common symptoms that pregnant women do get during the first trimester is nausea. The superfoods ingredient is known as ginger in Kunu Drink can settle your stomach and help reduce nausea.
- Natural vitamins (A, B, C, D, E, PP) and minerals (iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium)
- Good natural source of protein, cellulose, vegetable fat, and healthy oils
- It reduces high blood pressure during pregnancy. Known as preeclampsia
- Kunu boost your immunity and make it waxed stronger
- Rich source of antioxidants
- A way to prevent possible heart disease’s development and atherosclerosis
- The drink improves your digestive system and enhanced metabolism.
According to a small study from Webmd, they reported that vitamin C is an antioxidant that has the “potential to neutralize sperm-busting free radicals”. Even if you’re not pregnant now, it’s essential for everyone to get a lot of vitamin C in your diet including breastfeeding mothers. Advantages of vitamin C include reducing the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and eye problems.
Side effects of Kunu drink during pregnancy
Although tiger nuts are rich superfoods with a lot of essential vitamins and minerals, boost your energy, it can also cause some side effects during pregnancy:
- Weight loss effect
- Possible allergy reactions (could affect both mother and her future child)
It is not generally acceptable to drink kunu if you have other related diseases during pregnancy such as liver disease or obesity. Also, you should inform your doctor before taking any drink at all. Even if it is a natural ingredient like tiger nuts.
Drink responsibly and avoid this drink if you are allergic to it. A small quantity of the Kunu Aya drink will help you during your pregnancy to get the right natural vitamin B, calcium and other essential minerals that your baby needs. Have this at the back of your mind that natural ingredient is good for your health when taken in small quantities.