"Do you suspect an issue with your KitchenAid dishwasher but can't quite identify the problem? If so, the recommended action is to activate the diagnostic mode specific to your KitchenAid dishwasher model.
To initiate the diagnostic process, you can use different button combinations depending on your dishwasher model. You may press Heated Dry + Normal (twice), High Temp Wash (6 times) + Start (once), or Keys 1, 2, and 3 (thrice), Rinse Only + SANI (twice), High Temp Scrub + Air Dry (twice), or High Temp Wash + Energy Saver Dry (twice).
Keep in mind that the method for resetting the dishwasher varies based on your dishwasher's model. Once you've completed the diagnostic, make sure to take note of any error codes displayed on the dishwasher.
Quick Guide to Running the KitchenAid Dishwasher Diagnostic Mode
|Diagnostic Mode Shortcut||Preferred Dishwasher Model|
|Heated Dry – Normal – Heated Dry – Normal||W10142800B, 8572216, W10130990C|
|High Temp Wash (6 Times) + Start||KUDD03DT|
|Keys 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3||W10195615A|
|Rinse Only – SANI Rinse – Rinse Only – SANI Rinse||KIDS01EK|
|High Temp Scrub – Air Dry – High Temp Scrub – Air Dry||8537797|
|(or SANI Rinse – Air Dry – SANI Rinse – Air Dry)|
|High Temp Wash – Energy Saver Dry – High Temp Wash – Energy||KUDR245EWH5|
How to Enter Diagnostic Mode On KitchenAid Dishwasher
"Here are the different methods to activate the diagnostic mode on your KitchenAid dishwasher, depending on the specific dishwasher model."
Option 1 (For KitchenAid W10142800B, or 8572216 or W10130990C Dishwashers)
If you own a KitchenAid dishwasher model W10142800B, 8572216, or W10130990C and wish to activate the service mode, follow these steps:
- Ensure your dishwasher is in standby mode (plugged in but not powered on), if it's not already.
- Identify the Heated Dry and Normal cycle buttons and promptly press them in that sequence.
- Repeat the sequence by pressing Heated Dry and Normal once more to enter the dishwasher into service mode.
Keep in mind that the entire process should be completed within 6 seconds, so act swiftly once you confirm that the dishwasher is in standby mode.
It's worth noting that, for the KitchenAid 8572216 dishwasher, you can also activate the service mode by unplugging the thermistor twice after disconnecting the user interface.
Pros and Cons of KitchenAid dishwasher
- Adjustable racks,
- Interior lights
- Free delivery
- Five-year limited warranty
- the top controls are easy to accidentally press,
- installation issues
Differences Between Kitchenaid Dishwasher and Samsung Dryer Making
This is a dishwasher designed for washing and sanitizing dishes, glassware, and utensils.
This is a clothes dryer used for drying laundry, including clothes, towels, and linens.
Alternative to kitchenaid dishwasher
General Electric (GE) produces a wide selection of dishwashers with options for different budgets and features, including stainless steel interiors and customizable racks.
Option 2 (For KitchenAid KUDD03DT Dishwashers)
For the KitchenAid KUDD03DT dishwasher, follow these diagnostic steps:
- Ensure your dishwasher is in standby mode.
- Locate the 'High Temp Wash' button and quickly press it six times.
- Press the 'start' button to enter service mode.
It's crucial to complete these steps within 10 seconds, so quick action is essential when accessing the service mode. Additionally, it's important to perform this test with clean water to ensure the sensors function correctly.
Here are some important notes to consider when running this test:
- The 'cancel' LED light will flash if there's an error code.
- If the Cancel LED flashes with an error code, pressing any key will clear the error code from the display. Therefore, make sure to take note of the fault code before doing so.
- You can pause the sequence by opening the dishwasher door while the test is running. To resume the sequence, simply close the door.
Option 3 (For KitchenAid W10195615A Dishwashers)
For the KitchenAid W10195615A dishwasher, you can initiate the diagnostic mode by following these steps:
- Ensure the dishwasher is in standby mode, and then swiftly press the first three keys (keys 1, 2, and 3) consecutively.
- Repeat the sequence by pressing the same three sets of keys again, maintaining a one-second interval between each press.
- Press the three keys one last time to initiate the diagnostic mode.
Please be aware that the dishwasher will only commence the test once you have closed its door, so ensure you do this before pressing the cycle keys.
Option 4 (For KitchenAid KIDS01EK Dishwashers)
To swiftly activate the service mode for your KitchenAid dishwasher, follow these steps:
- Ensure the dishwasher is in standby mode, and then promptly press the Rinse-Only and SANI Rinse Keys.
- Quickly press the Rinse-Only and SANI Rinse keys once more to enter diagnostic mode.
- Wait for the dishwasher to display any error code.
Option 5 (For KitchenAid 8537797 Dishwashers)
To activate service mode on the KitchenAid 8537797 dishwasher, use these steps:
- Ensure the dishwasher is in standby mode.
- Press the High-Temp Scrub button.
- Quickly follow this by pressing the Air Dry switch.
- Press the same two buttons (High-Temp Scrub and Air Dry) once more.
It's worth noting that you can use alternative button combinations, such as High Temp-Scour instead of High Temp-Scrub Energy Saver Dry or No Heat instead of Air Dry. Regardless of the route you choose, the dishwasher will enter service mode.
Alternatively, you can initiate the diagnostic on the dishwasher by pressing SANI Rinse and Air Dry if available. If SANI Rinse is not present, you can press Energy Saver Dry or No Heat Dry as an alternative method.
KitchenAid Dishwasher Diagnostic Codes
|All Cycle Buttons or Options Flashing||Unlatched door||Properly shut the dishwasher door and reset the dishwasher|
|Flashing Clean Light||Disconnected water supply, stuck overfill protection float, or excess suds||Ensure the water supply is connected, press down the float, and reduce detergent. Reset the dishwasher.|
|Control Lock (Red Indicator)||Control Lock is ON||Disable Control Lock by pressing buttons for 3 seconds|
|Blinking/Flashing Lights||Open door, disrupted power, or Delay Start setting||Close the door, ensure power, and deselect Delay Start. Reset the dishwasher.|
|Flashing Rinse-Only Light||Stuck keys||Gently press the stuck keys to release and reset the dishwasher|
|Flashing Sanitize Light||Unsanitized dishes (incorrect sanitization temp)||Set sanitization temp to at least 120°F (49°C) and reset the dishwasher|
|F1E1/CODE 1-1||Stuck relay||Reset the dishwasher; if it doesn't work, replace the ECB|
|F1E2/CODE 1-2||Bad ECB memory||Reset the dishwasher|
|F2E1/2-1, F3E1/3-1, or F383/3-3||Stuck or faulty control panel key||Check control panel buttons; release stuck ones, call an expert for faulty ones|
|F4E3||Dishwasher needs resetting||Reset the dishwasher|
|F2E2 (CODE 2-2)||Dishwasher needs resetting||Reset the dishwasher|
|F6E3||Excess suds or wrong detergent||Use the correct detergent; avoid excess|
|F6E4||Unlevelled dishwasher||Properly level the dishwasher|
|F10E5/FAE5||Completed cycle||Cancel an existing process and start anew|
|F6E1||The dishwasher won't start||Reset the dishwasher|
|F8E4||Incorrect dishwasher installation||Review installation instructions for proper installation|
|F8E5||Drain sequence||Turn on the dishwasher's water supply or power off the dishwasher|
|CODE H2O||Failed water supply||Ensure the water supply tube is connected and free from kinks|
Understanding KitchenAid dishwasher error codes and their meanings is essential for efficient troubleshooting and maintenance. When encountering error codes, it's crucial to follow the recommended actions carefully to resolve the issue.
Regularly checking and maintaining your dishwasher can help prevent errors and ensure it operates smoothly. Remember that a well-maintained dishwasher not only saves you time and money but also ensures your dishes come out sparkling clean after every cycle.