Delta Dental is a well-known dental insurance provider in the United States that has been providing coverage to millions of Americans for decades. Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional braces that offers a more discreet and comfortable option for those seeking orthodontic treatment. In this blog post, we will explore whether Delta Dental covers Invisalign and what type of coverage is available for those seeking this innovative orthodontic treatment.
Explanation of Invisalign
Invisalign is a clear aligner system that is used to straighten teeth and correct dental issues such as bite misalignment, overcrowding, and gaps. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are made of a clear, plastic material that is virtually invisible, making them an ideal choice for those who wish to straighten their teeth discreetly. Invisalign is also known for being comfortable to wear and easy to remove, allowing patients to eat and drink as they normally would.
Read Also: Helpful Tips to Maximize Your Dental Insurance Coverage
Comparison of Invisalign with Traditional Braces
While traditional braces have been the go-to orthodontic treatment for many years, Invisalign offers several advantages. First, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, making them a more aesthetically pleasing option for those who do not want the metal brackets and wires associated with traditional braces.
Additionally, Invisalign aligners are removable, allowing patients to eat and drink without restrictions, making them a more convenient option. Invisalign aligners are also more comfortable than traditional braces, as they do not irritate the gums or cheeks.
Coverage of Orthodontic Treatment by Delta
Dental Delta Dental offers coverage for orthodontic treatment, including braces and Invisalign. However, the extent of coverage varies depending on the type of plan and the individual policy. Delta Dental typically covers a portion of the cost of orthodontic treatment, with the remaining balance being the responsibility of the patient.
Does Delta Dental Cover Invisalign?
The short answer is yes, Delta Dental covers Invisalign. However, the amount of coverage varies depending on the individual policy. Some Delta Dental plans cover Invisalign at the same rate as traditional braces, while others may have a separate fee schedule for Invisalign treatment.
Types of Delta Dental Plans and Coverage for Invisalign
Delta Dental offers several types of plans, including PPO, HMO, and fee-for-service plans. PPO plans typically offer the most flexibility in terms of choosing a dentist and receiving treatment. HMO plans may have more restrictions, but they may also be more affordable. Fee-for-service plans allow patients to choose any dentist, but they may have higher out-of-pocket costs.
If you are considering Invisalign treatment, it is important to check with your Delta Dental plan to see what type of coverage is available. Some plans may require pre-authorization before treatment can begin, while others may have age restrictions or other limitations.
Steps to Take to Get Coverage for Invisalign from Delta Dental If you are interested in Invisalign treatment and have Delta Dental insurance, there are several steps you can take to ensure that you receive coverage for the treatment:
- Check with your Delta Dental plan to see what type of coverage is available for orthodontic treatment and whether Invisalign is covered.
- If Invisalign is covered, ask your dentist if they are an Invisalign provider. If not, they may be able to refer you to a provider who is.
- Make sure that you follow any pre-authorization requirements that may be required by your Delta Dental plan.
- Work with your dentist to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your individual needs and that takes into account your Delta Dental coverage.
While Invisalign is a popular and effective orthodontic treatment option, it does have some disadvantages that patients should be aware of. These include:
- Requires patient compliance: Invisalign aligners must be worn for a minimum of 22 hours a day for the treatment to be effective. Patients must also switch out their aligners every 1-2 weeks as directed by their dentist. Patients who are not able to comply with these requirements may not achieve the desired results.
- May require attachments: In some cases, Invisalign treatment may require attachments, which are small tooth-colored bumps that are bonded to the teeth to help the aligners grip and move the teeth. These attachments can be noticeable, particularly if they are on the front teeth.
- Not suitable for all cases: Invisalign may not be suitable for more complex orthodontic cases, such as severe bite misalignments or teeth that need to be rotated or moved vertically. In these cases, traditional braces may be a more effective treatment option.
- Requires good oral hygiene: Invisalign aligners must be removed for eating and drinking, which means that patients must brush and floss their teeth after every meal before putting the aligners back in. Failure to maintain good oral hygiene can result in cavities or gum disease.
- Cost: Invisalign treatment can be more expensive than traditional braces, particularly if a patient requires additional treatments such as attachments or refinements.
Overall, while Invisalign has several advantages over traditional braces, it is important to consider the potential disadvantages before deciding on this treatment option. Patients should discuss their orthodontic needs and goals with their dentist to determine whether Invisalign is the right choice for them.
Conclusion and Final Thoughts
Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic treatment that offers several advantages over traditional braces. Delta Dental is a dental insurance provider that offers coverage for orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign. While the extent of coverage varies depending on the individual policy, it is important to check with your Delta Dental plan to see what type of coverage is available for Invisalign treatment.
If you are considering Invisalign treatment, it is important to work closely with your dentist to develop a treatment plan that takes into account your Delta Dental coverage. By doing so, you can ensure that you receive the maximum benefit from your dental insurance plan while achieving the straight, healthy smile that you deserve.
If you are a Delta Dental member and are considering Invisalign treatment, you can rest assured that you have coverage for this innovative orthodontic treatment. However, it is important to understand the extent of coverage available under your individual policy and to work closely with your dentist to ensure that you receive the best possible care and coverage.
Q1. Does Delta Dental cover Invisalign?
A1. Yes, Delta Dental offers coverage for Invisalign treatment. However, the amount of coverage may vary depending on your specific plan.
Q2. How much does Invisalign cost with Delta Dental insurance?
A2. The cost of Invisalign treatment with Delta Dental insurance can vary depending on your specific plan and the complexity of your case. It's best to check with your insurance provider for more detailed information.
Q3. Are there any age restrictions for Invisalign treatment with Delta Dental?
A3. No, there are no age restrictions for Invisalign treatment with Delta Dental. However, it's important to discuss your treatment options with your dentist to determine if Invisalign is the right choice for you.
Q4. Can I finance the cost of Invisalign treatment?
A4. Yes, many dental offices offer financing options, such as payment plans or credit lines, to help make the cost of Invisalign treatment more affordable.
Q5. How long does Invisalign treatment take?
A5. The length of Invisalign treatment can vary depending on your specific case. However, most treatments take between 12 and 18 months to complete.