13 department of dentistry, oral medicine, cosmetic dentistry, dental public health, orthodontics, restorative dentistry, endodontics, periodontology, geriatric dentistry, and minimal intervention dentistry.
department of dentistry and their Functions
4. Restorative dentistry: is the department of dentistry that deals with the reconstruction of the crown of teeth and replacement of missing teeth with a fixed bridge e.g fillings inlays, crowns and bridges.
The Department in State Specialist Hospital and its Functions
- O.P.D: outpatient department. This is the department that deals, filling, planning, organizing, collating and monitoring of health record with accident and emergency cases.
- Record Department: This department deals with issuing filling, planning organizing collecting, monitoring of Health records.
- Laboratory Department: This department deals with scientific research, carrying out experiment and testing of specimens.
- Almoner: This department deals with money. They receive money and issue out a receipt to the patient.
- Pharmacy department: This department deals with the preparation and dispensing of drugs.
- Cardiology department: This department deals with the study of the structure, function, and disease of the heart.
- Community health department: This department deals with giving immunization, health education, and routine check-up for Children.
- Eye clinic: This department deals with the treatment of the eye’s disease.
- Anti-natal clinical and ward: This department deals with pregnant women. They admit a sick patient, giving health education, taking delivery, immunization and routine examination or check up.
- Postnatal ward: This department admit mothers with their babies.
- Septic ward: This department admits people with septic infections conditions e.g septicemia, septic condition after delivery.
- Surgical wards: This department admit patient for surgical operations both male and female. They also take care of accident victims.
- Medical Ward: This department, deals with diagnosis treatment and prevention of diseases (for both male and female patients).
- Children’s ward: This department deals with the diagnosis, admission, treatment, and prevention of diseases for children.
- Radiology department: This: department deals with the study of radiographs or other imaging technologies (such as ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging) to diagnose or treat disease.
- Chest Clinic: This department deals with the study of the structure, function, and disease of the heart.
- Morbid anatomy department: This department deals with the keeping of dead and carrying out of postmaster autopsy.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?