13 department of dentistry, oral medicine, cosmetic dentistry, dental public health, orthodontics, restorative dentistry, endodontics, periodontology, geriatric dentistry, and minimal intervention dentistry.
department of dentistry and their Functions
4. Restorative dentistry: is the department of dentistry that deals with the reconstruction of the crown of teeth and replacement of missing teeth with a fixed bridge e.g fillings inlays, crowns and bridges.
The Department in State Specialist Hospital and its Functions
- O.P.D: outpatient department. This is the department that deals, filling, planning, organizing, collating and monitoring of health record with accident and emergency cases.
- Record Department: This department deals with issuing filling, planning organizing collecting, monitoring of Health records.
- Laboratory Department: This department deals with scientific research, carrying out experiment and testing of specimens.
- Almoner: This department deals with money. They receive money and issue out a receipt to the patient.
- Pharmacy department: This department deals with the preparation and dispensing of drugs.
- Cardiology department: This department deals with the study of the structure, function, and disease of the heart.
- Community health department: This department deals with giving immunization, health education, and routine check-up for Children.
- Eye clinic: This department deals with the treatment of the eye's disease.
- Anti-natal clinical and ward: This department deals with pregnant women. They admit a sick patient, giving health education, taking delivery, immunization and routine examination or check up.
- Postnatal ward: This department admit mothers with their babies.
- Septic ward: This department admits people with septic infections conditions e.g septicemia, septic condition after delivery.
- Surgical wards: This department admit patient for surgical operations both male and female. They also take care of accident victims.
- Medical Ward: This department, deals with diagnosis treatment and prevention of diseases (for both male and female patients).
- Children's ward: This department deals with the diagnosis, admission, treatment, and prevention of diseases for children.
- Radiology department: This: department deals with the study of radiographs or other imaging technologies (such as ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging) to diagnose or treat disease.
- Chest Clinic: This department deals with the study of the structure, function, and disease of the heart.
- Morbid anatomy department: This department deals with the keeping of dead and carrying out of postmaster autopsy.