Last Updated on 3 months by Isreal Olabanji DST RN
A set of artificial teeth can easily replace what you lack. You can have immediate teeth replacement with same day dentures in Nigeria, Angola, Goshen, and Warsaw. However, before mention the cost of dentures in Nigeria let’s take a look at the advantages that come with wearing dentures. Here are some of them:
A smile that reveals a decayed or missing tooth or two can have an impact on a person’s level of self-assurance. Some tend to feel embarrassed and wear lopsided smiles, which can cause facial muscles to sag. This can further create fine lines, causing your looks to age.
With dentures, there is no more reason for you to hide your smile. Emergency dentists that provide quality dental care in Northern Indiana can help you determine which type of dentures are right for you. There’ll be no need to feel self-conscious anymore. Smile as you please. Read More:
How much is the cost of dentures in Nigeria?
The average cost of dentures in Nigeria is between #5,000 – #8,000 naira in government own state or federal dental clinic. However, in a private dental office the price may be higher than that you are expected to pay between #10,000 – #20,000 in private hospitals. Also, your price may vary base on your location and state. Your price may go up to #30,000 Naira if you base in cities like Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Benin, Warri, Kano and Kaduna.
Denture care instructions
- All dentures must be kept clean at all times.
- Initially, all dentures should be left in your mouth for approximately a week to enable you to get used to the appliance. It is a foreign body because is not part of your system and your body must react to it before you get used to your artificial teeth.
- After that, always remove it when going to bed to allow for lubrication of the gum tissue and also to avoid swallowing especially if the denture is small and to prevent infection caused by fungi.4. Always leave acrylic denture (i. e plastic denture) in a bowl containing water otherwise it will shrink.5. Always have a spare denture to avoid social embarrassment.6. Always scrub the denture with a hard brush or denture brush with toilet soap and water or a separate hard toothbrush and toothpaste once daily7. Band on denture must be polished with hickory wood and Porte polisher.
8. If your denture is stained, put it in a bleaching agent and water for 5, 10 minutes then rinse out thoroughly with water before use. The available bleaching agents e.g Paragone, Jik, etc, but there are various bleaching agents such as sterodent and superdent (they exist in powder, liquid tablets form) in the developed countries. The use of bleaching agents should be to the manufacturer’s specification or instruction.Excessive stain on your denture will warrant overnight immersion and then rinse with water thoroughly before use. Most bleaching agents contain hypochlorite, which is bactericidal and fungicidal and helps break down the organic material of adherent plaque, which forms on the dentures. An alkaline peroxide solution is preferable for metal base dentures.
Types of dentures:
- Conventional. This full removable denture is made and placed in your mouth after your teeth have healed in the coming months.
- Immediate. This removable denture is inserted on the same day after you have to remove one or more teeth. But you have to come back for adjustment or replacement after your jaw has healed. This is a good option for you if you don’t want your teeth to be empty for months.
- Overdenture. Sometimes your dentist will save your teeth and jaw bone to provide support for the denture. An overdenture fits over a small number of remaining natural teeth after they have been prepared by your dentist. Implants work the same way too.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?