Are you looking to create workout videos for your blog or business? You're not alone. Over the past few years, there has been an enormous growth in the number of people who either are interested in creating their fitness and workout videos or starting a blog about fitness, home exercise equipment, etc. Whatever your motivation is for wanting to use video - whether it's to boost your search engine rankings, increase social media shares, create a library of exercises with descriptions of each movement and their benefits, etc. - it's worth putting the necessary time and effort into creating high-quality videos. If fitness is your business or passion, it also pays to invest in quality video production equipment to be able to add value and provide benefits to your audience. Here are some tips on how to make quality workout videos at home that will surely stand out.
1. Decide What You Want to Shoot
Before you start shooting anything, take some time to decide exactly what kind of videos you want to create. Don't just wing it — this will save you time in the long run!
If you are looking for simple videos to follow in your home, here are 5 exercises you can do:
- Upper body workout: This upper body workout includes one exercise for each muscle group in your upper body — chest, back, shoulders — without requiring any equipment at all!
- Abdominal workout: This ab workout includes four exercises for each muscle group in your core without requiring any equipment at all!
- Lower body workout: This lower body workout includes three exercises for each muscle group in your lower body — hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes — without requiring any equipment at all!
- Bodyweight Squats: Squats is a kind of exercise that works your legs, butt, core, and shoulders. To do it, stand with your feet hip-width apart. Then step back with one foot so your legs are about two feet apart from each other -- this is your starting position. Lower yourself until your thighs are parallel to the floor (or as close as you can get), then press through your heels and return to the starting position.
- Push-ups: Push-ups are another great bodyweight exercise that works multiple muscle groups including the chest, triceps, and core muscles such as the abs. To do push-ups correctly, place both hands on the floor underneath your shoulders (shoulders directly over your wrists).
2. Keep Your Camera Steady
If you’re going to be filming yourself while you do your work out routine, you need to make sure that your videos are of good quality. You make the most of your every workout not to have shaky videos because if someone tries to follow along with what you are doing, it could be difficult if the video doesn’t capture every move. The best way to avoid this is by using a tripod for your phone or camera. This will help keep your camera steady and allow you to focus on recording instead of worrying about dropping the device and breaking it.
3. Use Good Lighting
Another way to improve the quality of your videos is by using good lighting when filming outdoors or near windows. You do not want shadows or dark spots on your face because they can be distracting from what you are trying to teach in the video and make it harder for people who are following along with your workout.
The lighting in your home will affect the quality of your videos. If you have natural light coming in through windows, use that! Otherwise, you'll need to invest in some artificial lighting if you want to make sure that every inch of your space looks good on camera.
4. Record Good Audio
The first step in recording good audio is to make sure nothing is distracting happening in the background. This includes other people talking, dogs barking or any other noises that may distract from your voice or music track. If you're recording in a gym setting, keep in mind that some gyms have loud music playing anyway so it may not be possible to eliminate all background noises from your video recording.
You can also transcribe your audio and video files to text through an online transcription to deliver a clearer message. This will help your foreign viewers follow along with the exercises and get a better understanding of what they should be doing.
Now that you've gotten through the things you must consider in creating your workout video, what's next? Sharing them is an excellent way to keep yourself motivated. Upload it on your social media accounts. Add a little caption with animated gifs to make it more fun and engaging!
So there you have it: a handful of strategies to help you create quality at-home workout videos. Use these techniques, pay attention to the details of your video, make use of a video editor in editing some clips and you'll be well on your way to creating effective fitness videos that reach your audience.