The Samsung fridge filter light might not reset for various reasons, such as an electrical short in the wires between the filter and the control console, inserting the filter with its buttons locked, or incorrect filter type, installation, or reset procedure.
Reasons Your Samsung Refrigerator Filter Light Won’t Reset
1. Wiring Short Between the Control Console and The Refrigerator Filter
If you didn't make any errors during installation, resetting, or the use of an incorrect filter, the reason why the filter light on your Samsung refrigerator won't reset is likely due to a short circuit issue.
The electrical short occurs in the area between the control console and the water filter, primarily stemming from a problem within the filtration system.
In general, this issue is not something you can address through a do-it-yourself approach. You should reach out to Samsung's refrigerator service personnel for assistance in servicing your unit's filtration system.
2. Locked Filter Buttons
Before you install the filter, it's crucial to unlock the filter buttons. If you don't unlock them, the filter will not fit or reset as intended.
Make certain to release the filter buttons before you install the water filter in the refrigerator.
3. Wrong Refrigerator Filter
While it's possible to find water filters that are marketed as being compatible with Samsung or are labelled as universal and can be physically installed, there's no assurance that they will function properly.
Although a few of these filters may operate correctly, a majority of them prove to be ineffective. This is why Samsung strongly advises customers to exclusively acquire authentic Samsung water filters from their official stores or reputable suppliers like Amazon.
The issue with non-genuine Samsung filters is not just limited to the resetting problem but extends to their overall performance. These imitation filters may not only fail to reset but also have a high likelihood of causing leaks and potentially harming your refrigerator. Therefore, it is advisable to steer clear of them.
If you are currently using a non-genuine Samsung water filter, it's advisable to replace it with an authentic one, and afterwards, test your unit to check if the filter successfully resets.
It's important to note that genuine Samsung filters come in three distinct types, which are:
- HAF-QIN filter
- HAF-CIN filter
- HAFCU filter
To ensure you purchase the correct Samsung refrigerator water filter, all you need to do is match it with your old filter. Consult your refrigerator's manual to locate the filter, and once you've found it, make sure to select the same type when making your purchase.
Read Also: Samsung Fridge bottom ice maker not working
Pros and Cons of Samsung Fridge
- Innovative Technology
- Spacious Interior
- Energy Efficiency
- Stylish Design
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Complicated Features
- Noise Levels
Differences Between Samsung fridge and Trane fridge
Samsung offers a wide range of consumer appliances, including refrigerators, washing machines, televisions, smartphones, and more.
Trane specializes in HVAC systems, including air conditioners, furnaces, heat pumps, and commercial HVAC solutions. They do not manufacture refrigerators.
Alternative to Samsung fridge
LG is known for its innovative and stylish refrigerators. They offer a wide range of models with features such as smart technology, spacious interiors, and energy-efficient options.
4. Wrong Refrigerator Filter Installation
Certainly, you can acquire a genuine Samsung water filter of the correct type, but if it's not installed correctly, it may still fail to reset. Therefore, it is crucial to adhere to the filter installation instructions, and I'll provide a summary of those instructions below.
Here's the correct procedure for installing a new Samsung refrigerator water filter:
- Turn off the water supply to your refrigerator.
- Temporarily turn off the power and open the refrigerator door.
- Locate the existing filter and remove its cover.
- Rotate the filter anticlockwise to loosen it.
- Pull out the old filter and insert the replacement.
- Turn the replacement filter clockwise to securely install it.
- Reattach the filter cover.
- Close the refrigerator door, and then turn on the water supply and power.
It's worth noting that these installation steps may vary slightly depending on your specific Samsung refrigerator model. However, these instructions provide the fundamental process for filter replacement, and this consistency is one of the reasons Samsung refrigerators are known for their user-friendly design. You can often use the same installation steps for different models, making replacement relatively straightforward.
5. Incorrect Samsung Fridge Filter Reset
Finally, it's important to note that unless you reset your Samsung water filter properly after replacing it, the indicator light will not reset.
Fix: How to Turn Off Reset Filter Light On Samsung Fridge
To reset the filter light on your Samsung refrigerator, you can use various methods depending on your specific model. Here are the different reset techniques to consider:
a) 'Filter Reset' Control Panel Reset (works on most Samsung units):
- Locate the 'Filter Reset' switch or button on your refrigerator's control panel.
- Press and hold this button for approximately 3 seconds to reset the filter light.
- The water filter icon should change to blue or green or turn off, indicating a successful reset. If it doesn't, try the other reset methods below.
b) 'Ice Type + Child Lock' Reset (works for most Samsung units):
- Press and hold the 'ice type' icon (crushed/cubed ice) and the 'child lock' button simultaneously for about 3-5 seconds.
- Wait for the filter status light to change, confirming a successful reset. If it doesn't change, move on to other options.
c) Fridge Manager Reset (For Samsung Family Hub Models):
- Open the 'Family Hub' application on your refrigerator and select the 'Fridge Manager' icon.
- Choose 'Fridge Setting' and then 'Water Filter.'
- Tap on the 'Reset' icon to initiate the filter reset.
Samsung also provides the option to order a genuine water filter from the Family Hub application when it's time to replace your refrigerator's water filter.
d) 'Setting Reset' (for Samsung RSG309 and RF4289 Models):
- Navigate to 'Settings' at the bottom of your display panel and tap on the corresponding icon.
- Tap 'Next' at the bottom right end three times to reach the last page (4/4).
- Press and hold the 'Reset Water Filter' icon until the filter status light changes.
- Touch the 'Save' icon at the bottom right end to complete the reset.
e) Ice Maker Reset (For Samsung RF28K9070SR): If you have a Samsung RF28K9070SR model, reset the filter light by pressing the 'ice maker' button on the fridge and holding it down for 3-5 seconds.
For other Samsung refrigerator models, consider the following reset methods:
- Samsung RF23J9011SG/AA: Hold down the 'crushed/hold' switch for 3 seconds. The indicator should turn off from red.
- Samsung BEAESR/AA/RF260: Hold down the alarm/hold switch for 3 seconds. Alternatively, press Power-Cool + Fridge for 3 seconds.
- Samsung DA29-0003G: Press down the alarm/hold switch for 3 seconds.
- Samsung RF263BEAESR: Press down the 'Ice Type/Water' switch for 3 seconds.
Select the method that corresponds to your refrigerator model, and follow the steps to reset the filter light.
Resetting the filter light on your Samsung refrigerator after replacing the water filter is essential for maintaining the proper functioning of your appliance. The method to reset the filter light may vary depending on your specific Samsung refrigerator model.
Always follow the provided instructions for your particular model to ensure a successful reset. Using the correct reset technique is crucial to ensuring that the filter status indicator functions as intended, allowing you to enjoy clean and filtered water while also maintaining the optimal performance of your Samsung refrigerator.