I've always held Bosch in high regard for producing top-notch household appliances. However, even the most superior model in their dishwasher series is susceptible to potential breakdowns and operational glitches.
Within this troubleshooting manual for the Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA dishwasher, we will delve into the common challenges that can impede its performance and explore the methods to rectify them.
Typical issues encountered with the Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA dishwasher encompasses unexplained water filling, the presence of unclean water, failure to fill with water altogether, and inadequate drainage. Additional complications may involve ineffective dish drying, unresponsive buttons, flashing indicator lights, and difficulties initiating the unit.
In this comprehensive Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA troubleshooting handbook, I will thoroughly examine all the potential dilemmas one might encounter with this particular dishwasher model. Subsequently, I will propose the most effective remedies for each of these issues.
Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA Troubleshooting
1. Your Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA Dishwasher Fill Up With Clean Water by Itself
Bosch dishwashers often encounter the issue of unexpectedly filling themselves with fresh water, a common grievance voiced by many who own this model.
Regrettably, this problem carries more significant consequences than one might initially anticipate. A dishwasher that self-fills with water not only has the potential to flood your kitchen but can also lead to an unnecessary increase in your water bill.
When your Bosch dishwasher fills with clean water without any prompting, it is highly likely that the entry valve has become jammed in an open position. This means that even when the dishwasher is turned off, the unit can continue to fill with water.
It's important to note that the water inlet valve doesn't spontaneously jam open; rather, it often results from the accumulation of calcium deposits due to hard water. Even a small amount of water seeping through the valve can cause the water level to rise above the fine filter mesh within a matter of hours.
While it may seem that cleaning the water inlet valve is a viable solution, this won't suffice. To resolve the problem, you must replace the malfunctioning valve.
For a suitable replacement, I recommend the Endurance Pro 425458 Dishwasher Water Inlet Valve. This model is compatible with Bosch dishwasher models and, despite its affordability, is effective at preventing the unit from filling up with water on its own.
2. Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA Won’t Start
Similar to Frigidaire and Whirlpool dishwashers, the Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA model can experience startup issues attributed to a malfunctioning motor or faulty wiring. However, it's important to note that electrical problems are not always the root cause of the dishwasher's failure to initiate its cycle.
Based on my understanding, there are additional factors that can contribute to your Bosch dishwasher's failure to start:
- Delayed Start Setting: It's possible that you have configured the dishwasher to start at a later time. To resolve this, wait until the programmed delay start time has passed, or alternatively, reset the dishwasher to initiate an immediate cycle.
- Control Lock Engagement: If you've activated the control lock feature, it might prevent the dishwasher from starting. To rectify this, deactivate the control lock function to enable the unit to operate.
- Improper Door Closure: Ensure that the dishwasher door is fully closed and securely latched. Incomplete or improper door closure can also hinder the dishwasher from starting.
3. Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA Not Draining
A common issue you may encounter with this particular Bosch dishwasher model is its inability to properly drain. When this problem arises, it results in the accumulation of dirty water at the bottom of the dishwasher, leading to unsanitary conditions that require prompt attention.
To swiftly address this issue, follow these steps:
- Begin by removing the filter and draining any excess water. If there's a significant amount of water present, you may need to use a ladle to remove it effectively.
- Insert a dry towel into the dishwasher drain to soak up any remaining water and clear away debris.
- Employ a screwdriver to loosen and subsequently remove the nut. This action will expose the propeller.
- Carefully inspect the impeller by manoeuvring it to check for any obstructions. If any debris is present, remove it to ensure proper functionality.
- Additionally, remove the rubber check valve and carefully inspect it for any accumulated debris. Consider backwashing water through both the impeller and the rubber component to thoroughly clean them.
By following these steps, you can take the necessary measures to address and resolve the issue of your Bosch dishwasher failing to drain efficiently, restoring it to proper working order.
Pros and Cons of bosch silence plus 44 dba
It cleans even stubborn stains completely
Fast cycle times
It dries dishes
- Controls can be finicky
Differences Between bosch silence plus and Bosch 800 Series Dishwashers
Bosch Silence Plus:
As the name suggests, Silence Plus dishwashers are known for their quiet operation. They typically have a noise level of around 44-46 decibels (dBA), which is considered very quiet.
Bosch 800 Series:
Bosch 800 Series dishwashers are also designed for quiet operation, but they may have a slightly higher noise level, typically around 42-44 dBA.
Alternative to Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA
Frigidaire Gallery FGID2479SF
Frigidaire Gallery dishwashers are known for their value and performance. The FGID2479SF comes with features like OrbitClean spray arm and EvenDry for better drying.
4. The Dishwasher Filling Up With Dirty Water
The culprit behind this problem is often a malfunctioning check valve, whose primary function is to regulate water flow in one direction, preventing unclean water from entering the dishwasher and contaminating the sink.
If the check valve is damaged or defective, it can allow dirty water to flow into the dishwasher. To resolve this issue effectively, the recommended course of action is to replace the check valve.
Consider acquiring the Bosch 00165262 Check Valve as a suitable replacement part, available for under $20. This check valve is of quality construction and can typically be replaced without professional assistance.
To replace the check valve, follow these steps:
- Open the dishwasher door and remove the lower dishwasher rack to access the check valve.
- Take out the bottom spray arm and set it aside in a safe location.
- Remove the filter screen to access the filter screen basket.
- Extract the lid from the unit.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to carefully remove the damaged check valve from the dishwasher.
- Install the new check valve, ensuring it fits securely into the designated slot by pressing it firmly into place.
5. The Dishwasher Leaks from the Motor Area
If you notice a leak in the motor area of your dishwasher, it's often attributable to a faulty pump seal. There are a couple of reasons why this might occur:
- Dried-Out Sealant: The sealant on the dishwasher's pump seal can dry out over time, leading to leakage.
- Dishwasher Overflow: Another potential cause is an overflowing dishwasher, which can result in water seeping into the motor area.
To address this issue effectively, you will need to replace the pump and motor assembly if water is leaking from the dishwasher's motor area. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Begin by identifying the source of the leak. If the drain pump is where the water is escaping, the impeller and seal are the likely culprits.
- In many dishwasher models, you can replace the dishwasher's impellers and seal kits without the need to remove the entire drain pump.
- However, if you cannot find the necessary impeller and seal kit or if the old impeller won't fit onto the rusted shaft of the old motor, it might be more practical to purchase a completely new pump-motor system.
In conclusion, troubleshooting your Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA dishwasher can be a straightforward process when armed with the right knowledge and steps to address common issues. From problems with water filling, improper drainage, and startup glitches, to unclean water, we've explored various challenges that may arise.
Remember, while some issues may require replacing specific parts like check valves or pump seals, others can be resolved with simple adjustments, such as checking for delayed start settings or control lock engagement. Regular maintenance and careful inspection can help keep your Bosch dishwasher running smoothly.
By identifying and tackling these common issues promptly, you can ensure that your Bosch Silence Plus 44 DBA dishwasher continues to provide reliable and efficient service, saving you time, effort, and potential repair costs.