What is Xasten Tablet?
Xasten tablet is a brand name of Dexamethasone that was manufactured to treat certain conditions related to decreased adrenal gland function, severe inflammation, asthma, severe allergies, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, certain blood disorders, lupus, multiple sclerosis, and certain eye and skin conditions. Xasten belongs to a class of drugs called steroids
How does it work?
It works by stopping tissues from reacting to inflammation. It also alters the body's response to certain immune stimulation.
Uses of Xasten Tablet:
- It is used to treat particular levels of autoimmune diseases, skin conditions, asthma, and other lung conditions.
- Xasten Tablet helps to relieve inflammations in different parts of the body such as eye inflammations.
- It can also be used to treat or avert allergic reactions.
- Xasten Tablet is used to fuel appetite in cancer patients with severe appetite complications.
- Xasten Tablet can be used as a treatment for a variety of cancers, such as leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma.
- It is also used to treat nausea and vomiting associated with some chemotherapy drugs.
- Xasten Tablet can also be used to replace steroids in conditions of adrenal insufficiency.
- Another major use of Xasten Tablet is to treat Dermatologic diseases, Endocrine disorders, neoplastic diseases, Nervous system, ophthalmic diseases, renal diseases, Respiratory diseases, and Rheumatic disorders.
Side Effects of Xasten Tablet:
Common mild Side Effects:
- Mood swings
- stomach upset
- low potassium levels
- high blood pressure
These common side effects when mild may go away within a few days or weeks. If they persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Serious side effects:
- Unusual digestive upset.
- Blood in stool, or black stools.
- Blood in the urine.
- Unusual bleeding.
- Severe allergic reaction.
- Adrenal insufficiency.
- Unusual tiredness
- Unusual dizziness
- Unusual body swelling.
- Stomach ulcers.
- Congestive heart failure.
If they’re more severe or don’t go away, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Take this drug as prescribed by your doctor. Adhere strictly to instructions given.
Medications You Shouldn’t Take Xasten Tablet With:
- Antifungal drugs
- Blood thinners
- Cholesterol drugs
- Diabetes drugs
- Epilepsy drugs
- Heart drugs
- HIV drugs
- Tuberculosis drugs
Other medications include:
- Aspirin: Xasten Tablet can decrease your aspirin levels. This can make aspirin less operative and increase your risk of a heart attack. If you take aspirin, talk with your doctor about whether dexamethasone is safe for you.
- Thalidomide: Combining it with Xasten Tablet can cause toxic epidermal necrolysis. This skin condition can be life-threatening. If your doctor recommends both of these drugs for you, they will be watchful about the effects the blend can cause.
- Cyclosporine: Taking this drug with Xasten Tablet could upsurge the risk that your immune system will be suppressed. This would raise your risk of infection.
people with certain health conditions should follow strict instructions from their doctors or therapists before using Xasten Tablet or avoid it. Who are these people?
- People with infections: Xasten Tablet may make a systemic fungal infection worse.
- People with congestive heart failure: Xasten Tablet can increase sodium levels, edema (swelling), and potassium loss. It could make your heart failure worse.
- People with high blood pressure: Xasten Tablet can increase sodium levels and edema (swelling). This can cause an increase in blood pressure.
- People with peptic ulcers: Xasten Tablet can increase the risk of stomach or intestinal bleeding and ulcers.
- People with osteoporosis: Xasten Tablet decreases bone formation. It also increases the chances of the bone breaking down. As a result, it raises the risk of osteoporosis (bone thinning).
- People with hyperthyroidism: This drug is removed from the body more quickly than normal. Your doctor may adjust your dose of this drug based on your condition.
- People with eye problems: Using Xasten Tablet for a long-term period may cause eye problems such as cataracts or glaucoma.
- People with tuberculosis: If you have latent tuberculosis or tuberculin reactivity, Xasten Tablet can reactivate the disease.
- People with a recent history of heart attack: If you've recently had a heart attack, the use of Xasten Tablet may lead to a tear in your heart muscle.
- People with diabetes: Xasten Tablet can increase blood sugar levels.
- People with myasthenia gravis (MG): If you have MG, using Xasten Tablet with certain drugs used to treat Alzheimer’s disease can cause severe weakness.
- Pregnant women: Talk to your doctor if you’re pregnant or planning to become pregnant. This drug should only be used if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.
Stay safe, stay healthy. Ensure you understand and verify the authenticity of medications before you use them. For more information about Xasten Tablet, click on the video below.
Was this article helpful? Kindly let us know in the comment box below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?