A stroke, severe injury, or illness can disconnect a person from active life for a long time. But not forever if the patient is lucky enough to find a good rehabilitation center. The earlier rehabilitation is started, the higher the chances of full recovery.
Hundreds of rehabilitation centers are worldwide, and almost all promise high results. To avoid relying on luck in this responsible choice, we have prepared a rating of the best hospitals in Europe and the USA. We considered such indicators as the availability of robotic devices, the author's techniques, and comfortable conditions. Learn more about the best hospitals for rehabilitation that can quickly put the patient on his feet.
Criteria for selecting the best hospitals for rehabilitation
When choosing a rehabilitation hospital, you need to rely not on advertising and not on trial and error but on objective criteria. There are several of them:
- Rehabilitation possibilities. In the best clinics, treatment is carried out using robotic technologies, the latest biofeedback simulators, passive-active mechanotherapy, an anti-gravity simulator to restore walking skills, etc.
- Rehabilitologists rating. AiroMedical gathered well-known experts, experienced rehabilitologists with high empathy for the patient, and specialists with a "name" in the medical community.
- Multidisciplinary approach. Joint discussion of the rehabilitation program, sequence, and compatibility of procedures by all specialists observing the patient. The team necessarily includes the patient and his family members.
- The second opinion of rehabilitologists. Leading professors participate in medical consultations and are always ready to provide a second opinion on the diagnosis and the rehabilitation program.
- Location. The choice of a clinic may also be influenced by its geographical location. For example, in a warm mild climate, the healing properties of the sea and thermal springs significantly contribute to rapid recovery.
Top hospitals for rehabilitation in the United States
Rehabilitation hospitals in the US find solutions in the most challenging clinical situations. The best ones on the list of hospitals in the US with a delicate and careful attitude to the patient:
- Santa Monica Medical Center
- Langone Hospital New York
- Chicago University Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- University Hospitals Michigan Ann-Arbor
Benefits of medical treatment in the US
Among the many benefits of treatment in the US:
- Advanced equipment and modern rehabilitation methods ensure the results of recovery.
- Well-coordinated work of doctors and nurses.
- Treatment taking into account concomitant diseases.
Top hospitals for rehabilitation in Europe
The list of hospitals in Europe most reputable includes:
- WALK AGAIN Center Berlin, Germany
- Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Clinic Malvazinky Prague, Czechia
- Rehabilitation Centre Abromiskes, Lithuania
- Rehabilitation Clinic Jagerwinkel Bad Wiessee, Germany
- Teknon Medical Centre Barcelona, Spain
Benefits of medical treatment in Europe
A multi-stage rehabilitation treatment in Europe with a smooth transition from inpatient to outpatient treatment is aimed at full recovery:
- Personal supervision of prominent professors in selected specialized medical institutions.
- The possibility of choosing a medical institution (university or private clinic) - based on the desired comfort level and service.
- Unique opportunities for rehabilitation and improving the quality of life in diseases that cannot be cured entirely.
Top hospitals for rehabilitation in Poland
We evaluated the most famous rehabilitation hospitals in Poland and selected the five best:
- Constance Care Robotic Rehabilitation Centre Warsaw
- Medicover Hospital Warsaw
- Carolina Medical Centre Gdansk
- University Hospital Krakow
Benefits of medical treatment in Poland
Treatment in Poland is based on several fundamental principles:
- Attracting interdisciplinary teams of highly qualified doctors for each patient.
- Unique rehabilitation methods in hospitals in Poland.
- Focus on the patient's maximum level of functional autonomy and social integration.
Top hospitals for rehabilitation in Italy
In the top list of hospitals for rehabilitation in Italy are the best in terms of indicators:
- University Hospital San Raffaele Milan (IRCCS)
- Sacro Cuore Don Calabria Hospital Negrar di Valpolicella IRCCS
- University Hospital Parma
- San Matteo Polyclinic Pavia IRCCS
- Arcispedale Santa Maria Nuova Hospital, Reggio Emilia
Benefits of medical treatment in Italy
The rehabilitation advantages in Italy:
- High level of training for specialists. Italian doctors trained in medical centers accredited by the European Union and the UK are involved in working with patients.
- High service in hospital wards. The American model is taken as a basis, so much attention is paid to patient care.
- Amazing landscapes, clean water, and a warm climate will help speed the rehabilitation process and make it even more effective.
Top hospitals for rehabilitation in Germany
Highly professional full-fledged medical care is provided by:
- Rehabilitation Centre Benedictus Feldafing
- Rehabilitation Clinic Schmieder Heidelberg
- Rehabilitation Clinic Schmieder Allensbach
- Neurological Rehabilitation Centre Godeshohe Bonn
- Rehabilitation Clinic Schmieder Konstanz
Benefits of medical treatment in Germany
Hospitals in Germany guarantee a practical rehabilitation course and instant improvement of the patient's psycho-emotional state. Furthermore, treatment in Germany gives the best result after physiotherapy, heart surgery, stroke, or heart attack:
- Application of scientifically proven rehabilitation techniques.
- HAL-therapy program for active rehabilitation of patients with musculoskeletal disorders.
- Strict monitoring of the patient's condition throughout the treatment course.
Best rehabilitation doctors worldwide
Rehabilitologists with a high rating in the medical community:
- Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Freynhagen, DEAA
- Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Reif
- Dr. med. Florian Heimlich
- Dr. Bozena Klysz, Ph.D.
- Prof. Dr. med. Joachim Liepert
Best treatment solutions for rehabilitation
The following therapeutic methods are widely used in the best rehabilitation centers and help restore the body's functions quickly in 80% of cases:
- HAL-therapy. With the help of a robotic exoskeleton, the muscles contract in the correct order, and the impaired ability to move is restored. In some cases, the HAL exoskeleton makes it possible to put patients in a wheelchair on their feet for three months.
- BioTrak. A virtual reality system for restoring cognitive functions aimed at restoring concentration, memory, planning ability, etc.
- Armeo Spring (Hocoma, Volketswil, Switzerland) for upper limb rehabilitation in chronic stroke patients.
- Umbrella (Microsoft Kinect device). A virtual reality system for restoring the motor functions of the upper limbs. Improve the function of paralyzed limbs using computer programs and visual images.
- Lokomat. Walking robots help the patient stand and move as close as possible to natural walking, even with severe spinal cord injuries, brain damage after strokes, and neurological diseases.
- Hivamat. Effective technology of deep electrostatic and physiological vibration massage and lymphatic drainage. Reduces pain, swelling, and inflammation and accelerates tissue regeneration in the acute period after injuries and operations.
- Kinesiotherapy. Special techniques minimize muscle tension, inflammation, and swelling, increase the amplitude of movements in the joints, and restore blood circulation. It is effective for protrusions and hernias of intervertebral discs, knee arthrosis, etc.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. Non-invasive stimulation of the cerebral cortex using short magnetic pulses. Stimulation activates neurons, causing muscle contraction in stroke-affected limbs.
How to get treatment in the best hospitals for rehabilitation
AiroMedical doctors assist all patients in need of high-quality, specialized medical care. On our platform, you will find only a reputable list of hospitals and first-class rehabilitologists selected according to strict rules. We follow the latest scientific developments and use every opportunity to improve patients' quality of life. All the newest rehabilitation methods introduced annually into medical practice are at your service.
Don't have time to browse our website to find the right doctor for rehabilitation? No problem. Please leave a request, and let us help you.
- Krasovsky T., Lubetzky A., Archambault P., Wright W. Will virtual rehabilitation replace clinicians: a contemporary debate about technological versus human obsolescence. Journal of neuroengineering and rehabilitation. Published December 09, 2020. https://jneuroengrehab.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12984-020-00769-0
- Aprile I., Guardati G., Cipollini V., Papadopoulou D., Mastrorosa A. Robotic rehabilitation: an opportunity to improve cognitive functions in subjects with stroke. An explorative study. Frontiers. November 19, 2020. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fneur.2020.588285/full
- Volvak N. Robotic rehabilitation in Poland. AiroMedical. Published August 27, 2022. Updated December 17, 2022. https://airomedical.com/blogs/articles/new-robotic-rehabilitation-in-poland
- Volvak N. Treatments to walk again after a spinal cord injury. AiroMedical. Published September 5, 2022. Updated December 28, 2022. https://airomedical.com/blogs/articles/spinal-cord-injury-can-i-walk-again
- Baiduk I. Rehabilitation. AiroMedical. Updated January, 2023. https://airomedical.com/search/rehabilitation