Hair loss means the thinning of hair on the scalp and other parts of the body. There is a medical term for hair loss called alopecia. It can be temp
Hair loss means the thinning of hair on the scalp and other parts of the body. There is a medical term for hair loss called alopecia. It can be temporary or permanent. The most common form of hair loss occurs steadily and is called as “androgenetic alopecia,” which means that a combination of hormones (androgens. Which are male hormones) and heredity is needed to develop the condition. It is a common problem that requires hair transplant.
Mostly the baldness is caused by genetics (male and female pattern baldness). This type of hair loss is not avoidable.Further explained tips may help you avoid preventable types of hair lossthat include,to avoid tight hairstyles, such as braids, ponytails or chignons, avoid impulsively twisting, rubbing or pulling the hair, avoid medications or supplements that can cause hair loss, protect the hair from sunlight and other sources of UV light, stop smoking if you do so,some studies show a connection between smoking and baldness in men. There are several hair treatments such as Prp hair treatment.
Some natural remedies for hair loss are as follows:
Table of Contents
1. The Egg mask:
Eggs area rich sourcesof sulphur, phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein, which together helps to promote hair growth.
For the mask preparation you need:
1. In a bowl, separate one egg whiteand add a
teaspoon of olive oil and honey each.
2. Beat it to make a paste and from root to tips apply it all over.
3. After twenty minutes, rinse it with a mild shampoo.
2. The Licorice root:
This is a herb that prevents hair loss and further damage to the hair. It helps tocalm the scalp and get rid of dry scales or dandruff.
1. You start by making a paste by adding a
tablespoon of crushedLicorice root and a quarter teaspoon saffron added to one
2. Apply the paste to your scalp and hair length and leave it for overnight.
3. The next morning, wash your hair.
4. Repeat this process for at least twice a week.
3. The Coconut Milk:
There are proteins and essential fats in the coconut milk that promotes the hair growth and prevent hair loss.
For the milk preparation, you will need to:
1. Grate a coconut of medium size and smoulder
it in a pan for five minutes.
2. Strain it and then cool.
3. Then add one tablespoon of eachcreased black pepper and fenugreek seeds to the milk.
4. Apply it on your hair and scalp.
5. After twenty minutes, rinse it with a shampoo.
4. Green tea
The green tea is a rich source of antioxidants, which help to boost hair growth and prevent the hair loss.
start by soaking two to three teabags in one or two cups of hot water depending
on the length of your hair.
2. When it is cooled down, pour it all over your scalp and hair, while gently massaging the head.
3. Rinse your hair with cool water after almost an hour.
5. The Beetroot juice:
Beetroot is a rich source of vitamins C and B6, folate, manganeseand potassium, all of them are essential for healthy growth of hair. In addition to this, it also acts as a detoxification agent by helping to keep the scalp clean.
1. Boil seven to eight beetroot leaves and grind them along with the five to six henna leaves.
2. Apply the paste on your scalp and leave for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it with warm water.
6. Yoghurt and honey:
1. Add 2 tablespoons of yoghurt in a bowland
mix them with 1 tablespoon of honey and lemon.
2. Use a dye brush to apply the paste on your scalp and roots.
3. Leave it on the scalp for thirty minutes before rinsing it with cold water.
4. Once a week, apply this paste.
7. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera is a very effective home remedy for hair loss and to boost up the hair growth. It is also very effective in reducing problems of the scalp such as itching or flaking.
1. You start by taking
the stalk of Aloe Vera and extracting the pulp.
2. Apply it thoroughly to your hair and scalp and leave it on for about 45 minutes.
3. Rinse your hair with normal water. You can perform this process for three to four times a week to see good results.
8. The Fenugreek seeds:
Fenugreek, which is also known as Methi seed, is among the most efficient home remedies to stop the hair loss. It maintains the hair follicles and helps in hair re-growth.
1. First, soak the
fenugreek seeds in water for overnight.
2. Grind the seeds to make fine paste and apply it to your hair and scalp.
3. Leave the it on the head for almostthirty minutes.
4. You can also cover your scalp by using a shower cap so to keep it moist.
5. Rinse it with normal water, after thirty to forty minutes.
6. You don’t need to use any shampoo, only water is enough.
7. For a month, do it twice a week to control the hair fall.
9. The Onion juice:
Onion has antibacterial
properties that help to fight against scalp infections, while the sulphur
content in it improves the circulation of blood to the hair follicles. It
further promotes hair growth and controls hair loss.
1. In order to extract the onion juice, grind the onion and then squeeze the juice out of it.
2. Take a cotton ball and dip it in the onion juice and then apply it to your scalp.
3. Leave the onion juice on for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off using normal water and aninsignificant amount shampoo.
4. Follow the procedure for once a week and note the difference.
10. The Amla:
Amla, also known as the Indian gooseberries, is another effective home remedy to stop the hair fall. One of the causes for hair loss is the deficiency of vitamin C, hence eatingAmla will give strength to the hair follicles and will help you to control it. Special thanks to its anti-inflammatory and exfoliating properties, Amla helps promote faster hair growth, keeps the scalp healthy and prevents the early greying of hair.
1. To make a paste,
you can mix lime juice and the Amla powder.
2. Massage it gently to your scalp and hair.
3. You can use a shower cap to cover your head so that the paste doesn’t gets to dry out.
4. Keep it on for at least an hour and then rinse it with normal water.
Diet for healthy hair:
The treatments and shampoos do play a role in maintaining healthy hair, but the secret to thick, shiny, strong hair is a healthy diet.
The main cause of hair fall is iron deficiency. Spinach is a not onlyrich in iron but also vitamin A, C and protein. It also contains sebum which is a natural conditioner for hair and providesomega-3 acid, magnesium, potassium and calcium.
Carrots are known to be good for the eyes, as they contain Vitamin A,which also improves hair growth. Any deficiency of vitamin A can lead to dry and itchy scalp. Carrots are famous to add to the thickness of hair, making hair lustrous, improving the blood circulation, strengthening the hair, protecting hair from external damages like pollution and also help preventing breakage of hair and hair fall.
Oats are an excellent source of fibre, zinc, iron, omega-6 fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids which stimulates the hair growth and will make your hair thick and healthy.
Hair is composed of sixty eight percent keratin protein, and so eggs help in rebuild damaged hair. They are also an excellent source of B vitamin called biotin that helps hair to grow.
Lentils contain protein, iron, zinc, and biotin. They are also enriched with folic acid which is necessary for the restoration of the health of red blood cells that supply the skin and scalp with much-needed oxygen.