The Surprising Effects of the Nigerian Keto Diet Can Have on Your Skin
The ketogenic diet has become more mainstream over the past year thanks to mamalette that enlighten us on Nigerian ketogenic diet. While there’s still much to learn about the low-carb, high-fat diet and how it affects the body, experts have found that the benefits are greater than weight loss alone.
Has we all know keto diet is high-fat foods, that’s we take in adequate-protein, more than carbohydrate diet. Although, the carbohydrates diet we consumed are normally converted into glucose in our body, which is then transported throughout the body and is particularly important in enhancing the brain function.
This keto diet pushes the body to burn more fats rather than carbohydrates. As if there is very little carbohydrate in the diet, the liver then converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies. The ketone bodies pass into the brain and replace glucose as an energy source.
Can the Nigerian Keto Diet Improve your skin?
Although, I have here many stories of people having clearer skin, more energy, sharper cognition and well confirmed.
According to the certified dermatologist, “Inflammation cause certain forms of acne and arthritis.” So it is possible for you to reduce inflammation caused by acne through nutritional ketosis diet and other conditions too. There are many factors that influence acne, and if inflammation is what cause breakouts, it is certain that diet could help manage it.
According to popsugar fitness, “The keto diet and low-carb diets are helpful in making the skin stay manageable and satin-smooth.” A diet high in sugar can trigger diabetes, which then induces glycation, “where modified sugars destroy the skin tissues, which cause the hardening of arteries and other tissues.” Later, the skin becomes less flexible and more likely to wrinkle, she said.
According to most Nigerian ketogenic groups If you want to join, you’ve to be really serious about losing weight and want to create a new lifestyle for yourself and have a viable diet plan ready before you jump in.
The whole aim of this diet is to enter the ketosis. The more you adhere to this your carbohydrates plan (less than 10g per day), the faster you achieve the ketogenic state.
Your daily nutrient intake should be around 70% fats, 25% protein, and 5% carbohydrate. You also need to limit your carbohydrates coming from vegetables, nuts, and dairy (milk and milk products). Say no to flour, starch, and fruit. Yes, most types of fruit are not allowed.
Nigerian Foods Recommended on a Ketogenic Diet
The following are what you can eat on a Nigerian ketogenic diet;
- Meat: Red meat, organ meat (shaki, liver, kidney), sausage, bacon, lamb, pork, veal, chicken, and turkey.
- Fatty fish: Tuna, mackerel, Eggs, Butter (not margarine) Cheese Mayonnaise, catfish, haddock.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts.
- Fats and Oils: Olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, almond oil, and sesame oil.
- Low carb fruits: Avocados, coconut.
- Low carb vegetables: Ugwu, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, okro, tomatoes, onions, peppers, cucumber, cabbage, lettuce leaves.
- Condiments: You can use salt, pepper and various healthy herbs and spices.
Here is a list of foods that need to be reduced or eliminated on a ketogenic diet:
- Sugary foods: Soft drinks, fruit juice, smoothies, cake, ice cream, sweets.
- Grains or starches: Wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, noodles.
- Fruit: All fruit Beans or legumes: Peas, beans Root
- vegetables and tubers: Yam, plantain, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots.
- Low-fat or diet products: These are highly processed and often high in carbohydrates. Some condiments or sauces: These often contain sugar e.g. ketchup
- Unhealthy fat: Limit your intake of processed vegetable oils.
- Alcohol: Alcohol can affect your diet Due to its carbohydrate content.
What are the meal options for Nigerian lchf recipes
Most diet plans often include the following foods for breakfast; Fried Eggs Bacon and Eggs Sausage and alsoBoiled eggs, avocado and cucumber
Most diet plans often include the following foods for lunch and dinner;
Chicken/beef and veggies
Chicken/beef/fish pepper soup
If you follow this diet very well for up to 4 weeks, then you will see quick result and loss weight. It may seem difficult for the first 3 days but once your body is able to adapt quickly to these to changes and adjusts, you will be fine. You might notice a slight headache, little fever but all will go in less than 5 days
Risks on Keto Diet
As with any other super low carb diet, keto will lead to quick weight loss in a short period of time.It’s important to note that there may be health risks not only from low carbohydrate intake but also from the extremely high-fat intake.
Because there is too much pressure on the liver, the ketogenic diet can lead to an enlarged liver.High-fat diets can lead to coronary artery disease as well as cerebrovascular strokes. Balanced diet matters! Consumption of too much carbohydrate or protein on a keto diet can potentially lead to organ failure.
A Word From Healthsoothe
PLEASE understand and stick to recommended plan or from an expert breakdown inline with what you have know for years that saturated fats don’t cause heart disease; however high fat intake from unreliable meal can still increase blood lipids which automatically increases the risk of heart diseases too.