Most of us blame those feelings of fatigue and constant yawns on our hectic lifestyle and in most cases, it is also correct. But if you feel tired
Most of us blame those feelings of fatigue and constant yawns on our hectic lifestyle and in most cases, it is also correct.
But if you feel tired all the time then you should not discard the problem just like that. You should give yourself about a couple of weeks or about 3 weeks for making some lifestyle changes. You should trim the social calendar, get more sleep, drink more liquids and eat more wholesome foods. You should also cut back on your level of alcohol and caffeine and have multivitamins.
If you are still feeling tired all the time after the changes, then you need professional assistance. Here are some of the most common problems that you need to know about. Just take a look.
- Dehydration – The blood pressure drops without an adequate amount of fluid that slows the oxygen delivery to the brain and that can leave you feeling tired. But why does that happen?
ü The amount of fluid that you need varies from one person to another. But you should aim to go for the toilet at least three times a day.
ü You must increase your level of H2O if you feel tired even after sleeping for 8long hours.
ü It is advisable that you should have between the 6-8 glasses of water-based drinks including tea and coffee every day.
- Anaemia – Anaemia is developed when you do not have sufficient red blood cells whether it is through the decrease in production or blood loss. The cells in your body do not get an adequate supply of oxygen under such circumstances. In fact, anaemia is the most common health condition. The older women are especially vulnerable if they have certain medical conditions or have a poor diet. Women of child-bearing age because of enhanced demands of blood supply due to pregnancy or menstruation are also equally prone to anaemia. There are more than 400 types of anaemia that can be temporary or chronic. Try to control anaemia if you want to keep health problems at bay.
- Thyroid Gland – You can also feel tired when there is an imbalance of the thyroid gland. Metabolism is taken care of by this small gland’s metabolism. An underproduction of this hormone is something that is responsible for making you feel tired. Even after 8 hours of sleep, you may wake up feeling drowsy and feeling that you have not slept for ages.
- Diabetes – Over a million or two people are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes every year but a large majority of them are not even aware that they have it. Your body keeps up and going because of sugar or glucose. And that means more issues for people who have type 2 diabetes as they cannot use glucose properly leading it to build-up in the blood. Without the proper amount of energy to keep oneself going. People with type 2 diabetes often notice fatigue and that happens to be one of the first warning signs for them.
|Image via pixabay.com|
- Depression – If you do not feel like not getting out of bed every morning then the cause can be depression. With the right help, the psychological illness like depression can be combatted. But realizing the fact that you have depression is what is crucial here. Depression not only affects your schedule of sleep but also your eating habits. If not handled at the right time the symptoms of this psychological problem can last for years. To sell through depression, getting help and talking to people are some of the most practical ways.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – The debilitating and the prolonged fatigue characterize this illness. The symptoms do not get better with rest, but they deteriorate further with mental and physical activities. It actual causes are not known yet. Just to be aware of the possible causes is the best way to understand what is giving rise to the problem. You can gain some insight by looking at your lifestyle patterns, health, and your habits. If an underlying sleep disorder is detected a sleep study can also prove to be quite beneficial.
- Sleep Apnea – 3-7 percent of the population are affected by sleep apnea. People suffering from this condition wake up as they stop breathing about 5-100 times when on this disorder. As the sleep quality is compromised you may sleep for a longer period of time. The common symptoms of sleep apnea include being overweight, snoring and waking up with a headache. The nocturnal lack of oxygen is responsible for these. Talk to your sleep apnea doctor if you are suffering from one or more of such symptoms.
The above are some of the major reasons why you are feeling tired even after sleeping for 8 hours at night. If this has become a recurring problem, it is best to consult with your sleep doctor who can detect the real reason and help you achieve sound sleep at night so that you can wake up fresh and lead a healthier life.