The acid reflux is a common disease that occurs due to the inconsistency of the LES. If the LES or as some may call it the lower esophageal sphinc
|Credit source: Dr Carney|
You need to keep it well in control to keep yourself away from the disease. Regular exercise and not taking unwanted medication can also very well help. Other reasons that can make you fall for the acid reflux is mainly your food as well as drinking habit. There are certain food items that should be avoided in order to keep it acid reflux under check.
The acid reflux foods to avoid
Other food items that you should be avoiding are mentioned down below. These will surely help you in order to keep the disease under control and in the first place avoiding it.
- Junk food and chilies
- Snacks that contain extra spices
- The citrus food items such as tomato
- Chocolate should also be avoided if you are suffering from the acid reflux
- Mint, garlic and the onions are also the ones that are not to be eaten
- The beverages such as alcohol and caffeine-containing drinks can also trigger the acid reflux.
The common acid reflux symptoms
- Burning pain in the chest that only ends up to be worsening if you decide to lie down
- The discomfort to be caused in your upper abdominal area
- A dry cough
- Bitter taste