How to Cure Sleep Apnea Naturally at Home Without CPAP?Sleep Apnea is a sleep disorder in which the diagnosed person has one or more pauses in breath
How to Cure Sleep Apnea Naturally at Home Without CPAP?
Sleep Apnea is a sleep disorder in which the diagnosed person has one or more pauses in breathing or shallow breath during sleep but there is a way to cure it without needing CPAP. The duration of the pauses of a person with this sleep disorder could be a few seconds to few minutes or more. It is quite possible to have 30 such pauses within an hour. Normal breathing starts again with a loud snort or a choking sound.
Types of Sleep Apnea – There are three main types of sleep apnea:
- Obstructive sleep apnea – It is the most common form of sleep apnea which occurs when your throat muscles get relaxed.
- Central sleep apnea – It happens when your brain fails to send proper signals to the muscles that control breathing.
- Complex sleep apnea syndrome – It is also known as treatment-emergent central sleep apnea. It happens when a person already suffers from the above two mentioned sleep apneas.
- People think that anyone who snores has sleep apnea – This is simply not true. Contrary to this belief, you might be suffering from sleep apnea even if you do not snore at all. If you feel lethargic or drowsy during the daytime, you should consult a doctor.
- Only old people suffer from sleep apnea – People believe that only old people are prone to this disease which is untrue. Anyone at any age can develop this disease. Children are also prone to it.
- CPAP machine is the only cure – People think that the best way to fight sleep apnea is CPAP machine. This is not true; there are several successful treatments available for sleep apnea sufferers. People can also benefit from getting their tissue surgically removed which causes the blockage. They can also benefit from a specially designed pillow or a mouthpiece. Those who are overweight can lose some weight to get relief.
- Sleep apnea is not dangerous – Another myth is that sleep apnea is not dangerous. On the contrary, it robs you of your night’s sleep. If you don’t sleep well then the effect will be seen the next morning when you feel sleepy and disturbed.
7 Important tips to prevent sleep apnea:
- Sleep on your side – It has been found that those who snore generally sleep on their back. When you sleep on your back, the base of your tongue falls into the back of your throat. It makes the airway narrow which results in snoring. Researcher advice people to sleep on their sides to avoid this.
- Elevate your head – You can prop your upper body by using pillows in order to allow oxygen to go through your airways.
- Exercise for throat and tongue – There is an exercise for the throat and tongue which strengthens them. By using this exercise your throat and tongue are less likely to fall backward. The tip is to put your upper and lower molars together. Next, open your mouth and focus on pressing your molars as wide apart as you can. Make sure that you do not overstretch. Repeat this exercise for about ten to twenty minutes. You will feel the change after doing it five to ten times.
- Steam inhalation – This one is the oldest method of getting rid of cold and blockages. Place your head over a steam bowl and cover it with a towel. You can add few herbs if you want to clear the nostrils.
- Mouth Guard – You can consult a doctor or a dentist who can prescribe you an anti-snoring mouth guard. It holds your teeth together and tightens your jaw muscles.
- Abstain from alcohol and tranquilizers – Alcohol and tranquilizers are known to relax your tongue and throat muscle which results in snoring. If you abstain from them you can be assured that there are fewer chances of snoring.
- Weight loss – If you lose weight you will get rid of the extra fat around your neck. The extra fat around the neck causes snoring. So it is better to lose weight.
Plaza dental group