A Laminar flow hood is used in biology labs, and they are also known by the name of tissues culture hood. There are many ways that you can use the La
A Laminar flow hood is used in biology labs, and they are also known by the name of tissues culture hood. There are many ways that you can use the Laminar flow hood, but most of the times these are used in some labs to provide the particle free environment. This is really helpful for a lab, and owners can use the Laminar flow hood if they don’t want any contamination of even a single particle.
However, these hoods come in two different shapes, and that is horizontal and vertical. You can use up as per your needs and your lab size.
Both of them work the same, and you will never find any difference regarding the performance of both. You can predict how hard it would be for the person who has to clean the Laminar flow hood for one time. It is really challenging, and you need to get one guide for yourself if it is your turn to clean up the hood.
We are here to guide you all the way up, and it will help you to get a neat and clean Laminar flow hood. So let us get to it –
1) Use 70% Sterile Alcohol
Alcohol is the best agent to clean things up, and you can use them up in the lab to clean Laminar flow hood. You have to use 70% sterile alcohol, and it can help you in some better ways. All you need is to spray the alcohol onto your wipes, and it will help you to get a long way up to the top.
2) Using of Wipes
Wipes are the main things even if it doesn’t feel like, but it is important. Without wipers, you cannot use the wipes, and all you need is the wipes and things that can help you to spread the alcohol for your cleaning purpose. Here is how you need to use these wipes or tissues on the Laminar flow hood –
- Use the tissues and fold them 4 times to get a square or any shape that you get.
- Spray the alcohol onto the wipes one side, and it will make it ready to clean.
- Use the tissue without any problem and keep that in mind to use a wipe for a single type of side. Keeping the things into your hand and never using the tissue for a different region can create major problems.
- In order to use the same wipe twice, unfold the wipe and fold the used wipe with a new side up. It will help you to get a cleaner side, and you can use the new side in a different region.
- You have to use the wipes on the one side without going back and forth. This will spread the containment if any on the certain are and that can create problems.
These things can help you to get a cleaner horizontal laminar flow hood. Keep a note of all these things, and you will get some better accuracy in your future experiments.