These errors and lapse could seriously compromise your dental healthcare, according to the medical professionals we interviewed.1. Don’t call your loc
- 1 These errors and lapse could seriously compromise your dental healthcare, according to the medical professionals we interviewed.
- 1.1 1. Don’t call your local emergency number with a cell phone
- 1.2 2. Don’t drive yourself to the dental clinic hospital
- 1.3 3. Don’t do wrong dental research
- 1.4 4. Don’t wait until you have severe dental issues
- 1.5 5. If you don’t understand what he’s saying, just signify
- 1.6 6. Don’t use old or expired medicine
- 1.7 7. If you’ve been to the Dental office, you’d better know what’s next
- 1.8 8. Seriously, Quit smoking and give up cigarettes.
- 1.9 9. Don’t stop your Prescription, even if you feel a lot better.
- 1.10 10. Don’t go to the wrong professional
- 1.11 11. Don’t consult the wrong Doctor on Google
- 1.12 12. Don’t lie to your dentist
These errors and lapse could seriously compromise your dental healthcare, according to the medical professionals we interviewed.
1. Don’t call your local emergency number with a cell phone
Almost everyone is walking around with a smartphone nowadays, so lets put them to good use.
“If you have the option, calling from a landline phone is useless and won’t help to save a life because you can’t locate a dental office near you instantly. If you call from a cell phone, you can’t use your google map, emergency video, internet option, and it will be hard searching for the victim and a waste of time.”
2. Don’t drive yourself to the dental clinic hospital
“It’s incredible how many people having a traumatic dental injury such as head accident drive themselves to the dental emergency office instead of calling your local emergency number or your dentist. That’s just dumb. What are you going to do if you’re driving and you bleed too much and become weak?”—Afolabi A.O, dentist.
3. Don’t do wrong dental research
“Patients rely on online statements, which is the opposite of what you want to rely on. If you look at the success of a good dentist, they don’t have time for media only fewer dentist or upcoming dentist that usually need more media. Such social media are TV, radio, all untrustworthy websites. If someone is marketing massively, more often than not, it’s a less-skilled dentist.” –Dr. Brown, Board-Certified dentist and Facial Reconstructive Surgeon in Lagos, Nigeria
4. Don’t wait until you have severe dental issues
It his not a good thing for you waiting a week or even months, after noticing a sharp and severe tooth pain, and symptoms to improve before coming to the hospital.
5. If you don’t understand what he’s saying, just signify
“If you do not understand what the dentist is explaining to you, say so! I once told my patient about post-operative instruction and went ahead and use hot water which leads to a dry socket and a series of burns. A lot of patients doesn’t follow instructions even when you tell them everything they needed to know.” —Isreal olabanji, DST, RN, Lagos.
6. Don’t use old or expired medicine
“Don’t just grab any old tooth pain relief drugs out of your medicine cabinet when a new dental issue arise. If you have a toothache, ibuprofen might make the swelling and pain reduced and look better, but the pain could get worse after you stop taking the drug. I’ve removed people’s teeth because of that.” —Benjamin, MD, a dentist at the Federal Medical Center, Owo, Ondo-state, Nigeria
7. If you’ve been to the Dental office, you’d better know what’s next
“If you don’t understand what you’re supposed to do when you leave the dental office, ask—and ask again if necessary.” —Isreal olabanji, DST, RN, Lagos.
8. Seriously, Quit smoking and give up cigarettes.
“If someone’s a smoker, your teeth we stain. Because quitting smoking can help you regroup and focus again on your health and start enjoying the riches of life. It will benefit your overall health, including your lungs, heart and dental health. It’s never too late to stop. Even quitting in your seventies improves survival rate. See How To Quit Smoking – Easy Ways to Give up Cigarettes
9. Don’t stop your Prescription, even if you feel a lot better.
Warm water and salts with your medication prescribed to you from your dentist are very important!
It’s essential that if you have a medicine, you continue to take it as long as it is prescribed.” ––Dr. williams, MD, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan and others.
10. Don’t go to the wrong professional
“A lot of my patients say, ‘Well, it’s a doctor, and doctors are all the same’..no no no! A lot of people have forgotten that dentist deal with head and neck, so let the dentist deals with it. A lot of patient makes the mistake and they end up with a serious dental problem which could be life-threatening. These are the exact same thing for physicians. There are so many specialties nowadays, and that really makes it better for patients.”
11. Don’t consult the wrong Doctor on Google
We rely on media but don’t make the mistake. Google is like a tool that we guide us, for instance, Google maps, Google reviews, and directories we guide our part to a solution and meet your dentist in person. And not causing a lot of stress and something else
12. Don’t lie to your dentist
Majority of patient lie nowadays, but these we not help you at all. Nobody can better understand your body as you do. If you have past dental problem before just say it, trust me, many dentists as seen cases that are worst than yours. Your dentist is good in handily secret and rests assured you we be saved!