A Short of Honey Might Soothe a dry Cough (and Other Remedy)Drinking Lipton yellow label tea or warm lemon water mixed with honey, add little al
- 1 A Short of Honey Might Soothe a dry Cough (and Other Remedy)
A Short of Honey Might Soothe a dry Cough (and Other Remedy)
Drinking Lipton yellow label tea or warm lemon water mixed with honey, add little alum powder and TomTom candy is a time-honored way to relieve a sore throat and dry cough. But honey alone may be an effective cough suppressant, too.
How to Use Honey to calms coughs better than cough medicine does?
According to the Mayo Clinic, children age 2 and older with upper respiratory tract infections were given up to 2 short teaspoons (10 milliliters) of honey before bedtime. The honey seemed to reduce nighttime coughing and improve sleep.
|infographic – cough natural remedy|
- Lipton yellow label tea
- Original Honey (undiluted)
- TomTom candy – strong menthol
- Alum powder/Alum crystal (optional)
- First, boil your water and find a flask to pour your water in too.
- Add two sachet of Lipton tea
- Add two cube of TomTom candy
- Add a little bit of alum powder (optional)
- Cover and wait for 5minutes
- Remove the Lipton bag and dispose of it.
- Now ready to drink.
- Take A Short or two first thing in the morning (before breakfast)
- Repeat The same procedure before nightfall (after dinner).
- Until you are relieve
Honey: An effective cough remedy. In fact, in the study, honey appeared to be as effective as a common cough suppressant ingredient, dextromethorphan, in typical over-the-counter doses. Since honey is low-cost and widely available in every country, it might worth a try.
Although, the cough may occur as a result of common cold and many types of viruses can cause a common cold.
Signs and symptoms, which can vary from person to person, might include:
- Runny or stuffy nose
- A sore throat
- A cough
Children younger than six are at greatest risk of colds, but healthy adults can also expect to have two or three colds annually.
Risk factors of a Dry Cough
It also spreads by hand-to-hand contact with someone who has a cold or by sharing contaminated objects, such as utensils, towels, toys or telephones. If you touch your eyes, nose or mouth after such contact or exposure, you’re likely to catch a cold.
However, due to the risk of infant botulism, a rare but serious form of food poisoning, never give honey to a child younger than age 1.
Chronic Cough Natural Remedy
In this case, chronic cough refers to a severe cough that has lingered or lasted for more than eight weeks.
What Cause a Chronic Cough?
Some of the causes of a chronic cough include;
- And Chronic Bronchitis.
Symptoms of Chronic (severe) a cough.
Symptoms of a Chronic cough include;
- Shortness of breath
- Running Nose
- Coughing blood in rare cases.
- Bitter Kola
- Grind 10 pieces of bitter kola and mix with a 35cl bottle of undiluted honey to form a syrup.
- Take 3 short (spoonful), 3 times daily.
- For Children: TAke 1 teaspoon, 3 times daily.
- Until you are relieved!
And remember: Coughing isn’t all bad. It helps clear mucus from your airway. If you or your child is otherwise healthy, there’s usually no reason to suppress a cough.
How to Prevent a Dry Cough
- Wash your hands
- Disinfect your stuff.
- Use tissues
- Don’t share
- Steer clear of colds
- Choose your child care center wisely
- Take care of yourself.
A Word From Healthsoothe
You can treat coughs due to colds, allergies, and sinus infections with a number of over-the-counter medicines. Bacterial infections will require antibiotics. However, for those who prefer to avoid chemicals, we’ve listed a few home remedies that can help.
Seek medical treatment as soon as possible if you notice that your cough is affecting your ability to breathe or if you’re coughing up blood. Respiratory tract infections involve body aches and fever.