Acid Reflux and Bile Reflux are two kinds of reflux disorder that happen as the disorder of our digestive system. If you have anomalous food habits that compel you to consume foods in an untimely manner or the food you consume is not the right food for you, you are in a high chance of getting Acid Reflux and in many cases Bile Reflux as well.
Acid Reflux could lead to GERD
When hyperacidity occurs for a substantial period of time, the acidic stomach content starts impacting the gastroesophageal sphincter and as result, it gets loose leaving a small gap between the stomach and the esophagus. In a further development of hyperacidity, the acidic stomach content starts flowing upwards through that gap into the esophagus, the food pipe that connects the stomach with our mouth.
You can immediately start feeling a burning sensation in your chest area. In the worst cases, the stomach content may reach up to your throat area resulting in regurgitation of sour or bitter stomach content in your mouth along with burping. It will accompany a severe sense of burning called heartburn. This development of hyperacidity and Acid Reflux is called Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease or GERD.
Remedies for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Can GERD Be Cured?
- First of all, you need to develop healthy food habits which will include the foods which are good for you and exclude which are absolutely harmful to you in your problem of acidity and GERD.
- Having whole grains along with a lot of fresh vegetables as your main meal of the day is absolutely beneficial for you. You can take fresh fishes and lean meats like chicken and turkey as your protein replenishment.
- But you need to avoid fatty red meats as well as fatty milk products which may trigger an acid increase in your stomach.
- You should also abstain yourself from having beverages, fatty or spicy dishes, chocolates, burgers et cetera.
- Consuming alcohol smoking is absolutely prohibited for you.
- You need to drink a lot of water preferably 3 liters per day and if you can include a brief morning walk in your daily schedule it will be absolutely beneficial for you.
Your doctor may prescribe you medicines like H2 blockers or proton pump inhibitor which are very good for controlling hyperacidity.