- 1 How does bronchial asthma attack, causes, treatment and related infection to the lungs.
- 1.1 RelatedPosts
- 1.2 Squeaky Clean: 9 Life-Changing Tips for Sober Living
- 1.3 Why Nigerians Seek Medical Treatment Abroad
- 1.4 Anorexia Nervosa: Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
- 1.5 Related conditions / Associated conditions with asthma
It his obvious that ASTHMA his no longer new disease that do occur to people, but as the name implies ‘bronchial asthma’ is what we are going to treat.
- How does asthma attack?
- Treatment and related infection to the lungs is what we will be looking at.
Everybody who have lung could develop bronchial asthma. But the fact is if this disease arise how are we going to treat it?
What is bronchial asthma?
Asthma is a disease that affect or attack our breathing that are associated with spasms of our bronchial muscles and trigger congestion and swelling of the mucous membrane of the bronchial tubes in the lungs. So, bronchial asthma is a lung disorder.
What are the Causes of bronchial asthma?
There are various known factors that could caused it, but the common ones are listed below:
- Such as cold
- hey fever
- the inhaling of dust
- pollens from trees or flowers (allergy)
- or the odours from animal such as horse, cow, cat or dog
- over eating (constipation) or the use of certain foods or chemicals may bring on an attack.
- Sudden fright or emotional disturbance may also trigger one.
. These factors influence both its severity and its responsiveness to treatment.
- Such as hygiene
Family history could be the risk factor of asthma.
- Some medical conditions
Signs and Symptoms of bronchial asthma
- The chest and all the muscles of respiration vibrate violently.
- You will notice a peculiar wheezing sound with each expiration.
- You will notice the face becomes pale and drawn
- The hands and the feet may be cold too.
- The patient cough will be very dry and tight and much more.
How is bronchial asthma diagnosed?
- Chest x ray
Your doctor may encourage you to go for a proper chest xray to determined cause and other similar symptoms.
Your doctor may recommend lung test to be able to measure your breathing capacity and how well you breathe.
- Peak expiratory flow
This is also taken to measure the air you can expend out of your lungs. Using a device called peak flow meter.
What are the treatment of bronchial asthma?
- If it comes only during certain season of the year, it may be due to pollens from trees or flowers.
- If it comes with a cold, the causative factor could be sensitivity to the bacteria.
- If it comes when certain foods are taken, that food may be the cause of the asthma attack.
- Fish, eggs, and some certain fruit may also caused the attack too.
Careful observation is necessary to detect the specific cause in each individual case.
- To reduce this, it his important you give 15mg of phenobarbital can be given three times a day.
- Do not give too much and only give when is needed. All of the above drug are safe if giving reasonably.
- Potassium iodide and antihistamines should be taken regularly during the time one has the attack, and should continued when after the attack is gone, as this we keep the patient from having a further attack.
They give a great deal of relief and we often stop or reduce the attacks.
What are the First aid for bronchial asthma?
- The patient is compelled to sit up in order to breathe.
- Remove all tight fitting cloth.
- Adrenaline should be given by a spray in the nose. This is a very good way of reducing the attack, because it does nor require the preparation of hypodermic needle nor the help of some one other than the patient and it does not reqire long proceses.
- Another drug that can be given is by taken ephedrine by the mouth (orally).
- After some hours the patient may sleep exhausted or the attack will reduce gradually.
Related conditions / Associated conditions with asthma
Also psychological disorder such as anxiety disorder, and mood disorder.
Although, it is not known whether asthma causes psychological problems or psychological problems leads to asthma.
- The new health and longevity