DISEASES OF THE SALIVARY GLAND Normal dependingon athe nd health of the mouth depending on the normal function of and secretion if saliva by the
DISEASES OF THE SALIVARY GLAND
OBSTRUCTION Of THE SALIVARY GLAND
Signs and Symptoms of the Salivary Gland
- Adults are mainly affected.
- It is usually unilateral.
- The classical symptom is a pain, relate to eating, when the smell or taste of food stimulates salivary secretion.
- Obstruction of duct leads to infections, pain and swelling of the gland.
Treatment of the salivary gland
Other salivary gland disease includes:
- Emotional disturbance.
- Acute anxiety.
- Mouth breathing.
- Excessive smoking.
- Drugs ( medications) like amphitamines.
- Disease of the salivary glands.
Treatment is by removing the causative factor.
Read more on Dryness of the mouth